JOB DESCRIPTION FOR AGAPE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH ENGLISH MINISTY PASTOR
Agape Presbyterian Church
2460 Old Crow Canyon Rd, San Ramon, CA 94583
ABOUT AGAPE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Agape Presbyterian Church, a PCUSA church in San Ramon, CA (approximately 35 miles from San Francisco in the East Bay), is seeking a part-time English Ministry (EM) Pastor to provide leadership and vision to our church ministry. Our church is predominantly Asian American; however, we strive to be a church that reflects our community of different races and ethnicities while having two distinct congregations, a Korean speaking congregation and an English speaking one. The EM Pastor will recognize the uniqueness of these dynamics and contribute to maintaining the unity of the church between the children’s, youth, EM, and Korean ministries.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The EM Pastor will be an articulate advocate and communicator for the vision of God’s church for the Glory of God. This person will be the primary leader, teacher, and visionary and will have a broad responsibility for the spiritual welfare, growth, and life of the EM in all areas including discipleship, preaching, and equipping the congregation for service. Agape’s EM Pastor will work closely with the other ministries to ensure the health and stability of the entire church.
The EM Pastor will:
• Have general supervision of all the activities related to the EM.
• Preach God’s message during Sunday services and organize additional activities for spiritual growth among the congregation (i.e., Bible study).
• Provide overall training and inspiration to the servant leadership team to ensure that they are maturing in faith, enhancing their skills and developing spiritually.
• Demonstrate a shepherd’s heart that genuinely loves and cares for the congregation members.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE EM PASTOR
• Possess a degree related to formal biblical training from an accredited college
• Prior ordination
• Experience working with a multicultural and multilingual congregation
• At least 2 years of experience in a pastoral ministry setting
• Bilingual in Korean
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits negotiable. A ministry fund is provided for conferences, seminars, educational leave and mileage reimbursement.
US Denomination: PCUSA
English ministry church size: ~25
Korean ministry church size: 280
To apply please contact: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org