The Community Life and Discipleship Director at All Nations Community Church shall be responsible for implementing the vision “to become a God Glorifying, Interdependent Church that makes Disciples of All Nations and All Generations by the power of the Gospel” in the context of our community life and discipleship ministries. If female, she will also help coordinate our women’s ministry.
Average Weekly Hours: ~25 hours per week.
- Coordinate and oversee the small group ministry. This includes training/developing leaders, developing curriculums, and creating systems to connect people into small groups.
- Work with lead pastor to design a discipleship ministry and curriculum for all the life stages of our church.
If the director is a woman, she shall also coordinate the women’s ministry with the help of our lay leaders.
- Assist the pastoral staff with Sunday worship by presiding, communion service, and occasional teaching.
- Assist Sunday operations: room setup, hospitality, and outdoor environments.
- Regularly attend staff meetings and all-church events such as prayer meetings, retreats, and conferences.
- Coordinate special seminars and events for small group leaders and discipleship training.
- Attend All Church (KM/EM) planning and staff meetings when scheduled
- In light of our Interdependence with ANC Onnuri, she may be asked to help with all-church events such as VBS, Harvest Festival, etc.
- Assist staff in special projects such as missions, retreats, and seasonal events.
Skills and Requirements
- Must attend, have attended, or plan on attending an accredited graduate-level seminary.
- Must submit to and be willing to teach the doctrines of the Reformed Faith. All Nations Community Church is a member of the Christian Reformed Church denomination.
- Must possess the marks of Gospel produced character outlined in Titus 1:5-9. Namely, to live a life above reproach in terms of speech, conduct, stewardship, and doctrine.
- Must be able to execute the administrative responsibilities necessary for community life and discipleship ministry.
- Must be able to develop and train leaders for small groups and discipleship ministries.
- Must be able to cast vision for and execute special events in the context of team ministry.
- Willing to submit to the directive leadership of the council and the lead pastor.
- Must be proficient with or willing to learn to work with ministry technology. (Facebook, Google Apps, SimpleChurch, Slack, etc.)
- Reports directly to the lead pastor
- Will receive stipends for: ministry related books, meals, travel, equipment, education.
- Office Hours: Tuesday (6), Friday (6), Sunday (6) with additional days based on scheduled ministry events.
- Additional work hours are designated for study, visitations, and special events.
- Additional information regarding staffing at All Nations Community Church can be found in our staff handbook.