Antioch Church of Philadelphia was planted in 1994 by our founding pastor Reverend Sung Kee Ho, with a clear vision summarized by the acronym MOVE (Missionary, One in Christ, Visionary, Exemplary), and is one of the representative churches in the Philadelphia region with a great passion for world missions. Rev. Ho also established a missions organization called PGM (Professionals for Global Missions) with the goal of training up laypeople for the work of missions. Currently there are 242 missionaries that have been sent out all over the world. There are 5 distinct congregations under the larger Antioch Church umbrella – the Antioch Korean Church, Antioch Church Embrace (English-speaking congregation), Antioch Spanish Church, Antioch All Nations Church (a multi-ethnic church plant in Upper Darby) and Antioch City Church (Korean-speaking college students and young professionals in Century City). All 5 congregations come together as one family under our “One in Christ Church” vision, and approximately 1,000 people worship on Sundays.
The Education Department is raising up the next generation and sending them into the world to fulfill the Great Commission as servants of our Lord Jesus Christ. Every Lord’s Day all 3 generations and all nations come together in Christ to worship, as we intentionally seek to overcome generational, cultural, linguistic, and ethnic differences and unite as one church in Christ.
The Education Department believes that our children must be much more than just beneficiaries of a good education. They are called to be missionaries that share the love of Jesus Christ with others. Every year our students participated in short-term missions, VBS, Antioch Carnival, and Christmas at Antioch among other events, through which they learn to serve others and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
On average we have around 250 students attend on Sundays. We are currently looking for the right person to serve with us full-time as together we fulfill Antioch’s MOVE vision and serve our children and youth with the love of Christ.
Education Department Director and Senior High Pastor (Full-time)
1) Senior High Ministry
a. Lead Sunday worship service, preach God’s Word
b. Leadership training
c. Counseling and mentoring of senior high students
d. Lead various activities
2) Oversight and management of the Education Department
a. Development/update of Bible study curriculums
b. Work with each department’s budget
c. Lead children’s and youth pastor’s meetings
– Counseling, mentoring and assessment of pastors
d. Development of necessary progams
· Graduate or current student of an accredited seminary (M.A. in Christian Education or M.Div equivalent)
· Bilingual (fluent in English and at least conversant in Korean)
· Must understand and fully embrace Antioch’s MOVE vision
· Educational ministry experience preferred
· Holder of permanent residence or citizenship
· Compensation will be commensurate to ministry experience.
· Benefits – Health Insurance
· Resume and personal statement (theological convictions, ministry experience, gifts, strengths and weaknesses, ministry philosophy, etc.)
· Proof of seminary graduation (if applicable)
· Proof of ordination and denomination membership (if applicable)
· 2 recommendation letters from pastors (letter from senior pastor of current or previous church preferred)
· 2 sermon videos (weblinks are acceptable)
· Family picture
Please submit application documents to:
Elder John Han – firstname.lastname@example.org
Antioch Church of Philadelphia
1 Antioch Avenue,
Conshohocken, PA 19428
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com