The gospel of Jesus Christ has the power to transform lives and communities. ACC strives to participate in the movement of the Holy Spirit in sharing and showing the gospel of Jesus. We hope that each individual is delighted, each group is committed, and our whole community inspired to participate in the redemptive work of God at each place we are called.
A covenant, like a marriage, is built upon trust, unity, safety, security, closeness, radical acceptance and significance. Unlike a contract, a covenant is loyal to its core and rejects conditional clauses that would render it void. Furthermore, a covenant is not so much a declaration of love in the present, but more so a promise of love in the future. The promise at the heart of a covenant is: “No matter what takes place in our relationship… I will be there for your good.” This is the very heart of Christ to the Church, and our commitment at ACC to the world.
Our Mission: ACC’s mission is to build a Christian community where the covenant of God is revealed in our active engagement with the world.
Our Vision: We will achieve our mission by informing minds, transforming hearts and renewing lives and communities through the gospel.
ACC is part of the UMC of Greater New Jersey. We currently have one Sunday worship service at 10:00
AM, weekly Bible Study (Wednesdays 8-9:30PM), and weekly Praise & Prayer (Wednesdays at 9:30-10:00 PM). Our community consists of approximately 90 individuals.
ACC is currently a church in transition and welcomes a fresh perspective and energy to bring revival to our community.
ABOUT THE LEAD PASTOR POSITION
We are looking for a full-time Lead Pastor (with potential for a longer-term role) whose responsibilities fall into the following 4 areas:
- Preaching and teaching
● Provide the majority of Sunday sermons, including sermon series and themes as appropriate
● Conduct weekly Bible study
- Pastoral Care
● Invest in the spiritual growth (and overall community growth) of the ACC faith community
● Be involved in the pastoral care of individuals, couples and families personally and through the oversight of a pastoral care ministry that provides nurture and care to spiritual, emotional and physical needs
● Model spiritual growth and maturity by disciplined study, prayer, worship, humility and outreach
- Administrative Leadership
● Ensure smooth flow and operation of all aspects of our worship services that help the congregation become more aware of God’s presence, love and grace
● Supervise church staff to achieve church goals
● Work closely with ACC Lay Leader, Church Council and other committee/ministry leaders to define ACC’s ongoing vision and strategic goals and achieve them
● Nurture the mental, spiritual and emotional health of staff and lay leadership
● Offer transparency and effectively communicate both within and outside of the ACC community
● Oversee work of administrative staff to publish weekly newsletter and social media content
● Develop and maintain friendly working relationship with the Korean Ministry Senior
Pastor and staff of Arcola Korean United Methodist Church
● Master’s degree from accredited theological seminary
● Strong relationship with God, demonstrated Christian faith commitment
● Committed to ACC’s Mission and Vision
● Skilled at, and have a heart for, cross cultural, cross generational ministry within a socioeconomically diverse congregation
● Mature and strong relational, leadership and problem-solving skills
● Gifted communicator in oral, written and digital contexts
● Strong administrative and organizational skills
● Self-starter, able to anticipate needs without oversight, focus on the tasks at hand and efficient follow-through
Please submit your resume and cover letter (including a personal faith testimony) and any relevant short video clips to Jeff Park at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com