PRAISE DIRECTOR – JOB DESCRIPTION
ABOUT ARCOLA COVENANT COMMUNITY (ACC)
The gospel of Jesus Christ has the power to transform lives and communities. Arcola Covenant Community strives to participate in the movement of the Holy Spirit in sharing and showing the gospel of Jesus. We hope that each individual is delighted, each group is committed, and our whole community inspired to participate in the redemptive work of God at each place we are called.
A covenant, like a marriage, is built upon trust, unity, safety, security, closeness, radical acceptance and significance. Unlike a contract, a covenant is loyal to its core and rejects conditional clauses that would render it void. Furthermore, a covenant is not so much a declaration of love in the present, but more so a promise of love in the future. The promise at the heart of a covenant is: “No matter what takes place in our relationship… I will be there for your good.” This is the very heart of Christ to the Church, and our commitment at ACC to the world.
Our Mission: ACC’s mission is to build a Christian community where the covenant of God is revealed in our active engagement with the world.
Our Vision: We will achieve our mission by informing minds, transforming hearts and renewing lives and communities through the gospel.
ABOUT THE PRAISE DIRECTOR
The Reporting to the Lead Pastor, the Praise Director will play a critical role in helping ACC achieve its mission. S/he will be instrumental in assisting the Lead Pastor in leading the congregation in praise and worship.
Specific responsibilities currently include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and oversee music for both Sunday Worship Services (11:45am, 1:45pm)
- Prepare and oversee music for special services (eg. Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, Retreats, Revivals)
- Be available to lead/assist with other music/praise opportunities as needed
- Update and proof-read slides (songs) prior to all worship services
- Manage, train, and recruit praise team members, as necessary
- Nurture music team members’ spiritual growth and accountability
- Work with lead pastor to design services
- Regularly meet, discuss, and communicate with lead pastor
- Strong relationship with God, demonstrated Christian faith commitment
- Committed to ACC’s Mission and Vision
- Can lead praise and worship with vocals and an instrument
- College degree preferred
- Strong musical background
- Experience in leading worship ministries
- Caring and nurturing heart for members of music team(s)
- Proactive, creative
- Desire to work as a team with a sense of service
ACC’s general office hours are Monday – Friday, 9-4PM. ACC has two Sunday worship services (11:45AM; and 1:45PM). Applicants must be available to meet with praise team for practices during an agreed upon time and prepare weekly for Sunday services.
Please submit your resume and cover letter and any relevant short video clips. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
salary for this position is commensurate with experience. This is a part-time, exempt position that may qualify for a full time position based on additional pastoral care responsibilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org