The Covenant at Bethany is the English speaking congregation of Bethany U.M.C in Wayne, NJ. We are a vibrant community of believers who seek to glorify God in our respective roles in the unified body of Christ. We are currently seeking a Full Time (or Half Time for one role) Education/Associate pastor to serve our church.
– The Education Department Pastor serves as a member of the church staff, directing and managing the Educational ministries of The Bethany United Methodist Church, specifically the Children’s & Youth Ministries. His/her main responsibility is to develop and lead in ministries to, with, and by Children, Youth & College Age persons and their families. His/her main objective is to foster and nurture Christian faith and discipleship in visible, fruitful ways in Children, Youth & College Age persons.
– The Education Pastor will be responsible of overseeing the Education department as a whole and supporting the Pastor of the Covenant in different areas of the English speaking congregation.
– The Associate/Education Pastor reports directly to the EM Pastor, who in turn will report to the Senior Pastor as well as the SPRC committee.
Education Pastor Responsibilities
– Plans and coordinates, in consultation with the Pastor, the Covenant Executive Team and the Christian Education Committee, a goal-driven, well-rounded, multifaceted program of Christian Education, including Sunday School, Bible Study, and Spiritual Formation for all age groups, always seeking to involve both those in the community at large as well as in the membership of the church.
– Recruits, trains, resources and supports teachers and leaders for Sunday School and other Christian Educational and Formation ministries. Serves in partnership with church ministry volunteers, and assists the Pastor as required.
– Encourages and assists Children, Youth and College Age persons in participating in all facets of the church’s life and work, particularly in worship leadership and responsibilities.
– Develops and submits to the Committee on Finance an annual budget for Christian Educational ministries, and oversees expenditure of the approved budget.
– Attends regular Staff meetings, Education Committee meetings (when organized), and others as necessary or required.
– Oversee all aspects of the education Department. Associate Pastor to the Covenant
– The Associate Pastor of the Covenant family will be assisting the Head pastor with developing and implementing future plans and activities for the Covenant.
– Minister to mainly the college students as they will fall under the purview of the Education Department
– Provide Pastoral care and counseling as needed
– Fill the pulpit on occasion as needed
– Lead weekly Bible studies as needed
– Plan for future College gatherings and visitations.
– Must be fluent in English (Bilingual preferred but not required)
– MDIV or MA in Christian Education
– 2 year experience in some form of Christian Education department
Salary, Stipends, and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience
-Housing allowance, utilities (gas, cell phone, electricity, etc.)
-Other ministerial expenses
To apply please send the following to
Andrew J Kim, Search Committee Chair <firstname.lastname@example.org>
– Testament of Faith (personal testimony and calling to ministry)
– Core Doctrinal Beliefs
– 2 Sermon Samples
– 3 References (2 Pastoral and 1 Personal)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com