Bethel Korean Presbyterian Church in Ellicott City, Maryland seeks an Associate Youth Pastor. The successful candidate would team with our current Youth Pastor to journey alongside our youth in helping them to see more of Jesus in their lives as they commit to becoming mature disciples of Jesus into adulthood.
Our youth ministry, Bethel Youth Group (BYG), is composed of middle and high school students from families in both our Korean-speaking (KM) and English-speaking (EM) congregations. BYG strives to be a ministry that is relational and emphasizes “people-keeping” over program-maintenance. We seek to invite the Holy Spirit’s work into our ministry by making small groups the heartbeat and engine of Christian discipleship. Our desire is to build meaningful partnerships so that our students realize and witness that God is also at work outside the walls of the church including in the lives of their homes, schools, neighborhoods, and beyond.
More about our ministry:
- Sunday youth worship service with approximately 120 students in attendance and a smaller group worshiping online
- Student leadership team called SALT (Servant Action Leadership Team) that seeks to help our youth group grow more deeply in love of God and service to others
- Student worship team that meets weekly to be shaped and formed as student worshippers able to help lead other students to become formed as worshippers themselves
- Weekly small group gatherings on Wednesday evenings with adult volunteers supporting discipleship opportunities
- Monthly fellowships for different grades at the homes of families to build more meaningful relationships and connections
- Fall and winter student retreats
- Monthly and summer missional opportunities in partnership with our supported missionaries
- Growing involvement from our PTA (both KM and EM parents) in support of our youth programs, meals, retreats, and partnering activities
Some links to our social media presence:
We are seeking someone who:
- Loves Jesus and His church and walks faithfully in dependence on God
- Enjoys talking with and journeying alongside youth as they live in the unique crossroads of youth/adolescence entering adulthood
- Is currently enrolled as a student or has completed theological training at an accredited seminary with a commitment to reformed teaching
- Has experience navigating the social and cultural dynamics of a setting like a Korean-American church that has at least 2 languages spoken under one roof
- Has experience leading and teaching the Bible in both small and large group settings
- Demonstrates social and cultural intelligence and the ability to navigate well among different social and cultural settings
Specifics about the position:
You will have an opportunity to help shape the landscape of youth ministry at Bethel under the direction of our current Youth Pastor. The position is offered as a full-time or half-time position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to leading small groups, teaching the Bible and a Gospel-based curriculum, assisting with and planning worship services, engaging in discipleship meetings with students, and attending meetings as needed. We are accepting applications from interested candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit a one-page cover letter and resume to Brian Ryu, Youth Pastor, email@example.com. We welcome any questions about the position. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org