Chesterbrook United Methodist Church is searching a pastor or director for our Nursery and Pre-K ministry.
- Part-Time Staff Position
- Education/Experience: Minimum college degree and with extensive experience in early childhood ministry and/or education. Must have at least 3 years previous experience in serving or leading Pre-K ministry.
- Nursery and Pre-K Ministry Pastor is responsible for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the Pre-K (2s-4s) and Nursery ministry (infant to toddlers) of the church. This involves the development and implementation of Gospel-centered systems and programs involving worship and Sunday School that foster spiritual growth.
- This position is held accountable to United Methodist policy and doctrine as found in the United Methodist Book of Discipline, and determined by the Senior Pastor, Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), Education Ministry Team (EMT), and Church Council.
- The Nursery and Pre-K Ministry Pastor position is under the direct guidance and leadership of the Education Pastor.
- Attendance is expected at regular staff meetings and SPRC meetings. Attendance may be periodically requested at the Church Council meeting. There will be an annual review of job performance with the Senior Pastor, Education Pastor and SPRC.
- Preaching & Worship Services: Weekly preaching at separate Pre-K and Nursery worship service. Preaching to children during the monthly family worship service (every first Sunday of the month). Planning weekly worship services.
- Pre-K Bible Study/Sunday School: Recruiting volunteers/teachers and providing training (minimum quarterly). Weekly teacher’s devotional before worship.
- Administration: Work with Education Pastor and Education Ministry Team to plan and implement the vision of the Pre-K and Nursery ministries: long-term and short-term goals, annual calendar, curriculum, special events, etc. Develop and implement a system for families to practice faith together during the week. Hold Parent Conferences twice a year to update the parents of each ministry regarding the details of the Pre-K and Nursery ministry.
- Outreach: Develop and implement a system to reach out to current Pre-K and Nursery children and their families who are not regularly attending Sunday worship services. Work with the pastoral team and church leadership to develop programs that will invite and connect families and children to the CUMC community and help transition them as members of the church.
- Special Events: Additional seasonal responsibilities include (but not limited to): Easter, Christmas, VBS and annual family retreat.
- Chesterbrook United Methodist Church is a United Methodist congregation located in McLean, VA. It was founded in 1906. Last year, the church went through a merger with Vision of Peace Church, the English Ministry Congregation of Korean UMC of Greater Washington. We are a church with a growing education ministry. We currently have 9 students in Pre-K Ministry and 3 students in Nursery.
- This is a part-time position and salary is commensurate with experience.
How To Apply:
If you are interested, please send resume with cover letter to:
Wilson Kim, Chairman of Staff-Parish Relations Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rev. Daniel Park, Senior Pastor – email@example.com
Pastor Isaiah Park, Education Pastor – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com