Reports to: Senior Pastor and Session
Employment Status: Exempt employee
Hours: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Christ Central of Southern California (“Christ Central”) is seeking a Worship Pastor to oversee its Worship and Worship Operations ministries (“Worship Ministries”) and provide general support for the Pastoral Staff. This is a full-time position, directly reporting to the Senior Pastor and Session, accountable to the Campus Pastors and Executive Director of Operations, and working closely and collaboratively with our Pastoral Staff, Administrative/Operational Staff, and several key volunteer leaders. Applicant must be ordained or on the path to ordination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Worship Ministries – Vision/Scheduling/Planning (Kingly)
- Implement the vision of Christ Central within the worship and music life of the congregation
- Supervise all aspects of the Worship Ministries, including planning and leading Sunday services
and other worship events
- Identify key areas of need, growth, and opportunity for the Worship Ministries
- Oversee, manage and execute the budget of the Worship Ministries
- Responsible for Care and Development of the Worship Ministries – Shepherd/Disciple (Priestly)
- Responsible for primary pastoring, teaching, counseling and guiding the Worship Ministries
- Identify, train and disciple potential volunteers for the Worship Ministries
- Visitations – initiate and cultivate relationships within the Worship Ministries and Christ Central
- Assume Staff Responsibilities (Kingly, Priestly & Prophetic)
- Attend weekly and monthly staff meetings
- Primary liaison between Staff, Session, and other ministries regarding Worship Ministries
- Create and nurture a culture of worship
- To the Senior Pastor: Communication and Accountability. Unity of Voice, Vision, and Philosophy of
- To the Session: Assists Session in agenda implementation with the Worship Ministries.
- To the Staff: Communication and Accountability.
- To the Congregation: Primary worshipper and worship leader of the congregation.
- To the Leadership and Volunteers of the Worship Ministries: Shepherding, discipleship, and training.
- To the World: To be a witness to neighbors and the world through faith in Christ demonstrated in
family, ministry, and life.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compassion – Calling and Gifting
- Leadership and music
- Shepherd the Worship Ministries
- Proactive and strategic planning and administrative over operations and process management
- Community – Relational Compatibility
- Committed and compatible with the ministry of Christ Central
- Relates well and achieves personal rapport with leaders and volunteers in the Worship Ministries, Staff, Session and the congregation as a whole
- A sense of God’s calling to the local area and Christ Central in particular
- Full support of family
- Christ – Maturity and Fruitfulness
- Personal godliness, joy, humility, and evidence of ongoing gospel renewal
- Theological distinctives
- Reformed and confessional; Christocentric hermeneutic; Presbyterian polity
- Gospel values
- Knows how to lead, serve, speak and apply the gospel to non-believers and
- Subscribe to “The Centrality of the Gospel” [Tim Keller] and The Gospel Coalition, Foundation Documents
- Adheres to Christ Central’s Philosophy of Ministry: evangelistic worship but confessional
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
For the full job description, click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org