Christ Central is seeking a Youth Director to lead Christ Central’s rapidly growing Youth Ministry of 50+ current youth students (6th to 12th grade). This is a part-time position, directly reporting to the Fullerton Campus Pastor and Education Ministry Elders, accountable to the Session, and is supported by several key staff (including the Family & Small Groups Pastor, Executive Director of Operations, and Administrative/Operational Staff) and several key volunteer leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strong leadership to Youth Ministry through preaching on Sundays and midweek meetings
- Plan and preach biblically accurate, culturally relevant and high energy messages for youth students
- Gifted ability in preaching to youth students
- Create and manage a Youth Ministry calendar to drive all teaching and activities
- Set and manage the annual youth group ministry budget
- Oversee all details for youth events including finances, supplies, transportation, waiver forms, etc.
- Choose and lead Youth Ministry in annual events such as camp retreats, missions’ trips, etc.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders
- Provide tools to equip parents as primary nurturers of their student’s faith
- Communicate and update youth group parents regularly.
- Manage all Youth Ministry social media platforms
- Plan periodic PTA meetings to meet the needs and expectations of families
- Ability to recruit, train and supervise qualified youth volunteers to assist in guiding youth toward spiritual and developmental maturity
· Review, implement and follow all church and ministry policies and procedures
· Attend staff meetings, staff retreat and other meetings and events as requested
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Compassion – Calling and Gifting
- Currently enrolled or graduate of an accredited seminary institution
- Excellence and experience in caring for children and parents consistent with the gospel
- Proactive and strategic planning and administration over children’s programs
- Knowledge of Christ-centered, age-appropriate Christian education
- Graduate training or degree in Christian education or related field, strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Completed background check, Live Scan and CPR certified (church will provide resources for applicant to complete)
· Community – Relational Compatibility
- Committed and compatible with the ministry of Christ Central
- Relates well and achieves personal rapport with Christ Central families, Staff, Session and congregation as a whole
- A sense of God’s calling to local area and Christ Central in particular
- Full support of his/her family
· Christ – Maturity and Fruitfulness
- Personal godliness, joy, humility, conflict resolution and evidence of ongoing gospel renewal
- Theological vision distinctives
§ Personal theological beliefs aligned with Christ Central’s Statement of Beliefs
§ Supports the theological vision and teaching of our church
§ Gospel values
- Knows how to encourage and love others through the gospel
- Understand the importance of gospel leadership
- Adheres to Christ Central’s philosophy of ministry (for discussion with Senior Pastor)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume, personal story of grace (testimony), statement of faith and vision statement for Youth Ministry, one recent sermon video (online link or file attachment) and three references (names and contact info) to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org