Worship Pastor/Director, Full-Time
Church of Southland is a thriving ministry with dedicated lay leaders and staff that are committed “to join God in His global redemptive work by serving this generation by the power of the Holy Spirit”.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Worship Director will demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, independent judgment, strong organizational skills, and the ability to be flexible as demands and priorities change. Under the general oversight of Senior Pastor, the incumbent will be responsible for all administration, praise, and lay-leaders/volunteers within the Worship Ministry all of which underscore the mission of the church.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES:
● This position will perform, direct, and/or supervise the performance of the following primary functions under the direction of the Lead Pastor in accordance with the
● Prayerfully initiate, produce, and coordinate a variety of worship in accordance with the missional and theological direction of the pastoral headship.
● Recruit, care and manage volunteers
● Coordinate with creative team to present a powerful worship experience
● Train/Disciple all worship team members through regular meetings
● Fostering a safe and thriving environment for all artists to imagine and create freely within the church body.
● Engagement with today’s creative content and artists in order to remain current and curate fresh, inspired, relevant material that will impact non-believers and believers alike.
GENERAL MINISTERIAL DUTIES:
● Perform other ministerial duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
● Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the ministries of the
● Attend all staff meetings, worship services and church events/retreats.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION:
● Deep love for Christ and a passionate desire to pursue the Spirit filled life
● A love for discipleship and mentoring within the church
● Experience in the creative field
● Functional knowledge of sound and media equipment
● Able to lead and manage teams effectively
● Ability to get along with a variety of personalities
● Knowledge of bible/theology and the arts
● Familiarity with the use of social media platforms
● Appreciation and love for the arts – music, film, fine arts, graphics, photography, etc.
● Strong sense of call as worship pastor/director
● 3 years of worship leading experience to an adult congregation
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Agree with the doctrine and philosophy of ministry of the Church of Southland
● Will be commensurate with education and experience
● Doctrinal/Philosophy of Ministry Statement
● Sample worship leading video
If interested, send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com