Church of the Cross-Chandler (CTCC) is a church in the KPCA (Kosin), located in Chandler, AZ, consisting of a Korean ministry and English-speaking ministry, which share a youth ministry as well as children’s ministry. CTCC is seeking to hire a children’s ministry director. This ministry currently serves ~100 children from birth to 5th grade. This is a full-time position.
- Organize and lead children’s service (single service for grades 1-5)
- Prepare and manage Sunday School teachers
- General oversight of nursery, preschool, and special-needs ministries
- Coordinate a weekday educational event – e.g. Awana
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Spearhead special events focused on children including, but not limited to: Hallelujah Night, VBS, and Christmas Eve program
Administrative and Church Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding lessons and reinforcement at home
- Collaborate with pastoral staff on curriculum and ministry execution
- Manage and purchase supplies
- Implement child protection policies
- Oversee cleaning of the children’s ministry space
- Occasional preaching and administrative duties outside of children’s ministry
- Must have reformed theology and a gospel-centered philosophy of ministry
- English must be primary language; conversational Korean will be helpful
- Prior experience in children’s ministry
- Heart for children’s ministry
- Highly personable, communicative, and collaborative
- Degree from an accredited seminary preferred
- Salary: 40-50K, commensurate with experience and education
- Benefits: health, retirement, and phone plan. Relocation reimbursed as well.
Please send resume, cover letter outlining vision and philosophy of children’s ministry, and portfolio of lessons and/or sermons to Charles Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org). Zoom interview will be the first step, with on-site interview to follow. Background check required. Target start date is March 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com