Community Church of Seattle
Sonlight Ministry – Children Ministry Director
Hours expected: 40 hrs/week (60/wk during events & programs)
Community Church of Seattle or Hyungjae is a Korean-American Church located in Bothell, Washington. With two additional sites (Bellevue and Downtown Seattle), CCS is a Christ centered church that strives to expand the kingdom of God. Led by Rev. James Kwon, the church has a rich history and is the largest Korean Church in the greater Seattle area.
The Children’s Ministry Director supports the Senior Pastor of CCS in carrying out the vision and mission of the church as he/she oversees the entirety of the Children’s Ministry. The Director establishes the structure and flow of the children’s ministry (+400 kids), manages all staff and volunteers in the children’s ministry and works in relation to families of CCS to help the children of CCS to grow in faith as disciples of Christ.
CCS Senior Pastor & Education Director
Roles and responsibilities:
- Sharing the vision and structural direction of CCS Children’s Ministry to all staff and volunteers to unite and grow the children’s ministry.
- Preaching and teaching weekly to Lower & Upper Elementary students in Bothell & Bellevue Campus on Sundays (9:30am, 11:30pm, & 1:30pm).
- Directs all major CCS Children’s Ministry special events including: Toon Town (VBS), Family Fall Festival, Christmas Productions, Easter Program, Children’s Retreat, Journey (Mid-week Discipleship), etc.
- Maintains communication and close connection with CCS visual, media, design, and operation team to collaborate on church projects (e.g. Toon Town (annual VBS) construction & designs, video media for special events involving Children’s Ministry, Fall Festival design & promotion).
- Manages the staff & volunteers of Children’s Ministry, including hiring, scheduling, and maintaining general welfare of team.
- Regularly meets with volunteers and Elementary department teachers to provide support, care, and counsel when needed.
- Oversees Worship Ministry by meeting with worship leaders, maintaining close communication, and providing feedback and assessment of Sunday Worship
- Manages and connects with Children’s Ministry Administrators to ensure safety, efficiency, and communication.
- Oversees visual communication and designs related to Sonlight (e.g. Website, Facebook, and visual slide/announcements).
- Leads teachers & volunteers training for Children’s Ministry.
- Communicates and Connects with CCS Department leaders and Senior Pastor to ensure children’s ministry is on par with the rest of the church operations.
- Supports leadership of CCS (namely Senior Pastor & Education Pastor) with church-wide special events, conferences, etc.
- Plans annual calendar and budget in alignment with CCS Operations Division.
- Sets up & prepares for services (clean-up & set up rooms, material preparation as needed).
- Provides care and counseling to children and families of church through meetings and visitations.
- A bachelor’s degree and M. Div., along with 4+ years of ministry experience.
- Understanding of Korean culture; bilingual in Korean and English.
- Proven success in children’s ministry and/or family ministry.
- Administrative and able to execute complex events.
- Able to operate in a multi-staff environment and teams.
- Flexibility in work hours based on special events and regular weekend services.
- Embody the qualities found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:7-9.
Submit the following to Pastor Kenny Park: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter and resume
- Statement of faith with testimony
- Three references (two pastoral and one personal with contact information)
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience
- Discount at UCIC learning center (childcare/preschool/elementary education)
- Health, dental and other (transportation, cell, vacation, relocation stipend)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com