Community Church of Seattle or Hyungjae is a Korean-American Church located in Bothell, Washington. CCS is a Christ centered church that strives to expand the kingdom of God with two additional sites (Bellevue and Downtown Seattle). The church has a rich history and is the largest Korean Church in the greater Seattle area. We are looking for an EM pastor who will lead the church and discern God’s will for CCS EM.
- Worship: Preach Christ centered and relevant sermons on a weekly basis.
- Leadership: Set the vision, mission, and direction of CCS EM along with key church leaders. Embrace a team ministry philosophy and foster a collaborative spirit with CCS staff, elders, and deacons.
- Discipleship: Equip, train, and deepen spirituality among leaders and members through bible study, prayer meetings, and classes.
- Pastoral Care: Visit and counsel church members in need of prayer and support.
- Creativity: Execute new and innovative ways to reach the unchurched. Be open-minded to new ideas and methods for ministry.
- Masters Degree from an accredited theological school (M. Div or higher)
- 5 years of experience leading and pastoring an adult congregation
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Ordained in an evangelical denomination or be open to transferring to PCUSA
- Has a heart and burden for reaching the unchurched in the greater Seattle area
- Is a self-starter and willing to build the EM from the ground up. Must have a pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Embraces and is willing to work with the KM
- Embraces creative uses of technology to reach more people
- Values intergenerational and multicultural ministry and can embody the spirit of CCS
How To Apply
Please send the following documents to Elder Darrel Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents will not be returned.
- Resume with 3 references
- Link to 1 recorded sermon (video preferred)
Salary is based on experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.hyungjae.org.