Cornerstone/KCCNJ College Ministry Pastoral Search
Cornerstone Church (Cornerstone) and Korean Community Church of NJ (KCCNJ) together are looking for a college ministry pastor (Part-time). The expected start date for the position is February 2020.
Cornerstone & KCCNJ are two independent United Methodist churches with separate clergy and lay leadership that have partnered together to form a “parish” (defined as an area of service shared by several churches) that focuses our combined resources for the growth of 1) our next-gen educational ministries, 2) our local outreach and global mission and 3) we seek to promote an inter-generational and multi-lingual worship in a shared worship space.
The College ministry pastor position is a part-time position responsible for the ministry to the college students and college-aged members of both Cornerstone & KCCNJ.
The position will be a direct report to the Cornerstone Lead Pastor and will join the Cornerstone pastoral staff team where the individual will find support, accountability, mentoring, and collaboration.
The compensation for this position will be shared by both churches, and the position will be supervised by a shared parish committee (of Cornerstone and KCCNJ). On occasion, there will be reporting and interaction with KCCNJ leadership, as needed.
- Organize, coordinate, and initiate all aspects of outreach and ministry to college students which includes:
■ College small group ministry
■ Seasonal visits to college campuses to visit students
■ Annual college retreat
■ Outreach to High School Seniors in youth ministry
■ Shared preaching opportunities in both youth (Joint Cornerstone & KCCNJ) and Cornerstone worship
■ Seasonal fellowship (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Summer Kick-off)
- Mobilize a team of volunteers, including but not exclusive to college students, to minister to the group
- Partner with other ministry teams and staff to equip and disciple college-aged members
Other Pastoral Duties
● Attend staff meetings
● Sunday presence at worship
● Assist with general pastoral care of the church
● Possible mission and outreach opportunities, both local and global
● Engage in other avenues of ministry, if desired
Expected to be 15-20 hours per week
Bachelor’s degree plus seminary and/or biblical studies and training, and ministry experience are required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org