About Our Church:
We are Cross Life Community Church (CLCC), a predominantly Korean-American church, with nearly 120 members and located in Federal Way, Washington. CLCC is a closely-knit community of believers in all life stages, drawing those in surrounding areas to come together to worship Jesus, make disciples, and to serve our community with His love. Our Lead Pastor, after serving faithfully for nearly 18 years in pastoral ministry and 5 years with CLCC, will be retiring to seek God’s leading in the mission field. Our church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and we are currently seeking a full-time Lead Pastor to discern God’s vision for our church and to see it realized through its members for God’s glory.
Lead pastor Profile
The Lead Pastor regularly articulates the envisioned future for CLCC, shapes church culture, and leads/co-laborers with members to see the vision realized. The Lead Pastor has broad responsibility for the spiritual welfare of the church and leads humbly with the heart of a shepherd. He communicates life-changing biblical truth that challenges the listener to worship and obedience. Working with church staff and lay leaders, the Lead Pastor models and oversees Christ-centered worship, teaching, leadership, communication, pastoral care, and evangelism/outreach for our church.
- Diligently prepare and provide Bible-based, life-transforming messages that align with CLCC’s mission and vision
- Work with the praise team to ensure the worship service is God-honoring and well-prepared
- Regularly administer the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- A heart for Gospel focused ministries that Disciples individuals toward spiritual maturity. Proven fruitfulness as a teacher and preacher
- Plan and oversee CLCC small group ministry, working with the director and leaders of small groups
- Lead weekly Bible studies which complement the teaching material in small groups
- Articulate CLCC’s vision regularly to staff/lay leaders/members and design ministry pursuits to align with CLCC’s vision and to inspire members to see the vision fulfilled
- Model disciple-making, and foster a church culture that values raising Christ followers
- Meet regularly with church staff and lay leaders for prayer and ministry planning
- Embraces team ministry style and fosters collaboration among church governing council (Servant Leader Team) and key lay leaders.
- Work with church staff to evaluate the effectiveness of ministry activities, to update the annual budget, and to ensure legal requirements for the church are met
- Self-motivated and able to lead tasks or projects to completion. Competent at multitasking, time management, and prioritizing
- Takes initiative to openly communicate with other staff members and is responsive to others in their communication
- Proven ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage and equip teams of people. Skilled at developing and refining ministry systems
- Pastoral Care
- Visit church attendees in need of prayer and comfort
- Cultivate an attitude of availability among pastoral staff and lay leaders towards church attendees in need
- Work with other pastoral staff and lay leaders to build an impactful ministry to reach and serve the lost
- Encourage participation in missions, both locally and worldwide
Qualifications: The Lead Pastor will meet the character qualifications of an Elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. He is accountable to and will serve with the pastoral staff and lay leaders to fulfill our values, vision, and mission.
- Model a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, an active prayer life, and a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading
- MDiv/ThM or equivalent from an accredited seminary
- Gospel-centered expositor of Scripture
Application Requirements: Send the following to email@example.com. Please use the naming conventions given below. For example, a pastor named John Smith would submit the following files. This will aid in processing of applicants.
- “smith john resume.doc” or “smith john resume.pdf”, either file type. This is the up-to-date resume.
- “smith john testimony” – personal testimony/biography.
- “smith john ministry philosophy” – statement describing your calling and ministry philosophy.
- “smith john minref1”, “smith john minref2”, “smith john persref1”, “smith john persref2” – two ministry references and two personal references.
- “audio sermon1”, “audio sermon2”, “video sermon1”, “video sermon2” – two recent video or audio sermons sent as an email attachment or hyperlinks.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant ministry experience shown on resume.
- Photo within the last 2 years, with family if applicable.
Incomplete applications will result in delay. Thank you!
Compensation: $63,000 – $72,000. Final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org