Davis Korean Church is seeking a full-time Education Pastor to lead Preschool-6th grade(~60 children Sunday), Awana(~80 children Wednesday) and anchor the education ministry from Preschool to 12th grade.
We are a non-denominational, evangelical, multi-ethnic church located in the small college town of Davis, CA (U.C. Davis). This unique location gives us the benefit of the rich integration of University students and families in our church community. We are looking for an individual who has a dedicated heart for raising up the next generation to know, believe, and love Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This individual should have a specific passion and vision for the hearts of children and families.
1. Teach, guide and encourage the spiritual formation and growth of children from Preschool to 6th Grade
2. Develop a spiritual growth model for preschool to 12th grade in coordination with the Youth Pastor
3. Preach the Gospel and its components to Preschool-6th grade children at weekly Sunday services
4. Direct the Awana ministry in the capacity of Pastor and Commander
5. Implement and keep accountable the unique vision of the Education Ministry in alignment with the church’s core values
6. Develop and implement short and long term goals for Sunday School and Awana
7. Inspire, love, train and disciple teacher volunteers in weekly meetings and support ongoing spiritual development
8. Develop relationships with families and partner with them in creating a safe and trusting Gospel-centered community that disciples our children
9. Coordinate and execute special events such as VBS, Halleluiah night and other seasonal events
10. Represent the education ministry at all church leadership meetings and serve as a liaison between the church leadership, education volunteers, and families
11. Be an integral part of the pastoral staff through prayer, support and attending applicable meetings and church-wide functions
1. Must be fully devoted to God, the bible and to the Church, and be committed to modeling that devotion to the next generation.
2. Degree (or in-process) from an accredited Seminary or equivalent
3. Have significant children’s ministry experience.
4. Must be fluent in English (proficiency in Korean helpful, but not required).
Salary: $43,200~$50,000/year (depending on experience)
2. Confession of faith/Cover Letter
3. 2 letters of recommendation (one from a Pastor and one from a church member)
Att: Search Committee
Davis Korean Church
603 L St.
Davis, CA. 95616
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com