Delaware Korean United Methodist Church
Delaware Korean United Methodist Church (DKUMC) is seeking a full-time associate pastor to join our pastoral team. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a passionate personal relationship with Jesus, experience in leading people, dynamic teaching/preaching skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop other leaders, and creative vision for sustaining and advancing ministries. The Associate Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance.
STATUS: Full-time (40 hours/week), Salaried
SALARY: $60,000 (no additional benefits)
1. Assume leadership role in pastoral duties of English-language ministry (EM) at DKUMC.
o Responsible for all aspects of the English Ministry, including leading worship service and bible study, working with EM members to coordinate events such as revivals and retreats
o Provide a vision and shepherd a congregation of EM members from different cultural backgrounds
o Work with EM College members and assist in Campus Ministry
o Disciple, teach, and equip EM members to be become church leaders
o Work with the Senior Pastor and other KM leadership to foster open communication and collaboration between the KM and EM
2. Supervise Youth and Children’s pastors.
o Provide leadership and mentorship to Youth and Children’s Pastors
o Provide guidance in assisting Youth and Children’s pastors in developing a vision for spiritual growth of Youth and Children’s ministry
o Assist Youth and Children’s pastors in developing programs to further spiritual growth
3. Relieve the Senior Pastor from any administrative burdens as requested.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– Possess solid knowledge and understanding of the Scripture and ministry practices through a combination of formal education and experience.
– Must hold a seminary degree (Master of Divinity, Master of Theology, or equivalent).
– Must be bilingual, fluent in English and Korean.
– Must have at least 5 years’ experience pastoral experience and have demonstrated excellence in working with congregation and diverse individuals.
– Must have excellent computer skills.
Applicants should submit (1) a cover letter summarizing the candidate’s interest in the position and relevant experience, (2) a statement describing the candidate’s testimony and pastoral philosophy and vision, (3) a complete resume or curriculum vitae, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, at least one of which can attest to the candidates pastoral experience. Applications should be submitted to Pastor Jong Nam Song (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Daniel Cha (email@example.com).
In order to receive full consideration, applications should be received by July 1, 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org