Dongsan English Ministry (DSEM) is the EM ministry of Dongsan Korean Reformed Church, the largest Korean-American church in Westchester County, NY. Our congregation strives to worship God through praise, share the gospel to the ends of the earth as Jesus commanded, encourage the saints through fellowship, disciple the saints through training and education, and serve the church and local community through service.
We are currently seeking an EM Pastor who will be responsible for ministry leadership, pulpit and teaching ministry, and general pastoral duties. The EM Pastor will apply and implement the Vision and Values of DSEM. Our congregation consists of members ranging from college students to married couples with children.
For more details about DSEM, please visit our website at dsenglishministry.com.
- Experienced Leader: Proven track record of faithful ministry as a servant leader, demonstrated ability to develop/mentor leaders and shepherd staff, humility to accept feedback balanced with discernment when addressing conflict.
- Strong Expositional Preacher: Deeply rooted in the Word and sound doctrine, capable of motivating and leading the congregation, reliant on Scripture rather than human wisdom for leadership.
- Cross-Cultural Navigator: Sensitive to and capable of traversing the cultural nuances of a multilingual church as well as its diverse local community.
- Growing Disciple: Committed to personal growth in faith and relationship with the Lord amidst the business of ministry through Bible reading, prayer, personal worship and accountability with other believers
- M.Div. degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in pastoral ministry
- Proven track record of leadership during period of major transition
- English Fluency. Speaking/Understanding of Korean language is helpful.
- Open to bi-vocational pastoral candidates
- Must have the cultural appreciation and sensitivity to serve in a multilingual church setting and a diverse local community
SPECIFIC MINISTRY DUTIES
I) Ministry Leadership
The EM Pastor will lead and supervise the congregation to carry out the Values and Vision of DSEM through functions such as worship, prayer, equipping, teaching, visitation, fellowship and small groups, outreach, and other ministry programs.
II) Pulpit and Teaching Ministry
The EM Pastor will shepherd and equip members of the English congregation through regular preaching and teaching.
III) General Pastoral and Administrative Responsibilities
The EM Pastor will be responsible for duties including:
- Administering the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and baptism.
- Being available as needs arise for prayer, personal counseling, visitation, etc.
- Conducting the English staff meetings and attending other church meetings as needed (i.e., Steering Committee, various Committee meetings, etc.)
- Participating in the yearly budget process.
- $2,000 monthly salary
Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including two references)
- Statement of faith (2-page limit)
- Recording of two sermons (video/youtube link)
Please send application materials to Elder Ohjin Lee at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org