FKUMC (First Korean United Methodist Church) of Cherry Hill is seeking a part-time youth pastor to serve along with the current full-time youth pastor. Through God’s grace our youth ministry has been growing recently with an attendance of more than 50 youth for Saturday Night Fellowship (SNF) and more than 80 youth on Sundays.
Although the quantity of youth is important, our youth ministry prioritizes the quality of faith of each youth. We seek to make disciples of youth, foster accountable and close relationship with youth, and to shepherd each soul with the love of Christ. Our church is committed to the discipleship of the next generation, and we have a strong and numerous team of elders, pastors, directors, and teachers to fulfill this mission. If you have a vision and passion for youth ministry, please consider applying.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Assist the current youth pastor with the overall operation of youth ministry: SNF, Sunday worship, events, meetings, vision-casting, etc.
2. Foster an accountable and close relationship with youth. Must be comfortable with relational ministry.
3. The usual ministry/office hours are Saturdays (5-10 pm) and Sundays (10am-3pm). The hours might differ if there are special events. (Open to hiring just for Saturdays if already committed to ministry on Sundays)
The qualifications for the position are:
1. A profession of faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior, and a growing relationship with Jesus.
2. Must be teachable.
3. Willing to love the youth.
4. Prefer someone currently pursuing a seminary degree or have graduated from an evangelical seminary. However, open to applicants without graduate degrees.
5. Fluent in English; proficiency in Korean and knowledge of Korean culture is a plus.
6. Legal visa status.
2. Two references (One must be from someone you have served with)
3. Email the documents to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org