Good News Chapel (GNC) is a community church planted 17 years ago in Walnut, California, a suburb of Los Angeles. Currently, GNC is mostly made up of second-generation Asian Americans including students, working professionals, and young families with the oldest members in their 40s. Good News Chapel is an intimate, family-oriented congregation with a love of people and the Word of God. GNC seeks to be Christ-centered and thrives on sharing God’s Word, Building Community and Living Missional Lives in the community and around the world. Good News Chapel is currently seeking an enthusiastic and relational Lead Pastor with a heart for all people and a love for Christ.
Walnut, CA is part of the greater Los Angeles area and sits at the base of the southern slopes of the San Jose Hills. Residents of Southern California enjoy year-round beautiful weather paired with countless options for outdoor activities. The proximity to beaches, the desert, and mountains make it one of the most sought-after places to live.
Walnut is an ethnically diverse city that is 65% Asian American and 20% Hispanic, which is also reflected in the deliciously diverse food scene and eclectic art community. Walnut also has one of the highest-ranked public school systems in southern California, proving to be a major draw for families looking to receive a top education for their children. The city of Walnut is particularly famous for its Walnut Family Festivals and boasts of numerous beautiful parks, museums, and family-friendly activities.
Good News Chapel is looking for a full-time, passionate, and dynamic leader who can guide committed members to expand God’s kingdom in Walnut. Roles and responsibilities will include:• Regularly preach and teach the Word of God
• Provide vision, leadership development, staff management, and pastoral care
• Oversee the administration and management of all areas of the congregation’s ministry in consultation with the Leadership Team and staff
• Oversee staff and ministry leaders in the ministries of education, youth, children, and outreach
• Build a culture of teamwork among church staff and hold necessary staff meetings for fulfilling the church ministries
• Help plan for the overall worship service experience with the worship leader
• Equip the members for personal evangelism and outreach.
• Perform visitor follow-up in collaboration with the leadership ministry
• Meet the Biblical requirements for Elder as stated in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 2.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, related to Christian Ministry is a plus
• Master of Divinity preferred
• Flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends
• At least 5 years of previous related experience
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.