About Good News Church
Good News Church (http://www.gncnyc.org) was planted in 2007. Currently, we meet for Sunday worship at 10:30am on 37 W. 26th St. Floor 9 (Stepping Out Studios). Although we started as a church of young, single, working professionals, we now have growing families with children. The majority of our children are young (newborn-6 years). Therefore, the ministry will be small in the beginning, but will grow as the children grow. We hope to build infrastructure that will prepare us to help support parents in the discipleship of their children as they grow older. Additionally, we want to enable our church community to widen the scope of our outreach to families.
Our vision for our children
The primary responsibility of discipleship of children belongs to their parents. However, as a covenant community, we also believe the church community should help and support parents in that endeavor. Our hope is to teach our children about basic doctrines of the gospel and the basic practices of the Christian faith.
Purpose of Position
Provide leadership and execution for a ministry that seeks to support families in the discipleship of their children.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Organize age-appropriate lessons/crafts/music that will take place during the sermon.
- As our children get older, create and build an infrastructure for a fruitful Children’s Ministry.
- On occasion, the church may have events that require child-care. Recruit volunteers, prepare and execute age-appropriate activities during the event. The level of commitment will require no more than once per month.
- Communicate with leadership and parents as necessary.
- Occasional meeting with leaders and/or parents as necessary.
- Strong Christian character – We are seeking a mature, servant-leader who exhibits humility, honesty, patience, flexibility, perseverance, and gentleness.
- Competent in basic Christian doctrines – Although this position is under the oversight of the elders, it also requires a certain amount of teaching. We are seeking one who understands the basic doctrines of the gospel and generally subscribes to a Reformed system of faith.
- Self-starter – This position requires someone who can work with minimal direct oversight. The candidate must be responsible, dependable, and faithful in executing their responsibilities.
- Membership – We believe spiritual health means belonging to a local church. To that end, membership of any gospel-believing church (either Good News or another local church) is important.
This position is a part-time position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org