Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church (GSPC) is located East of Los Angeles in the city of Rowland Heights. We are searching for a part-time pastor to shepherd our Special Education department. We are searching for a shepherd who will love, model, and teach our children toward our Lord Jesus Christ. There is currently a staff of 8 teachers and 3 volunteers for 7 HS/older & 4 elementary students who participate in an afternoon program (Daniel Class).
Qualification requirements are as follows:
- Currently enrolled, or graduated from a Bible college or theology program at an accredited seminary. Verification WILL BE requested prior to hiring.
- Thorough understanding of the Korean-American immigrant church and cultural context.
- This position requires at least some ability to communicate with Korean parents.
- Previous Special Education ministry experience preferred but we will consider all applications.
- A person of prayer.
- Must have a family-centered ministry mindset, as parents are a crucial part of the ministry.
Primary duties are as follows:
– To share the love of God with people with disabilities
– Assess ministry needs for people with disabilities
– Collaborate with appropriate ministry staffs to plan for the inclusion in church activities (long-term goal is for them to attend service with their age-appropriate peers)
– Support families of people with disabilities
– Maintain up to date information on ministry materials, special equipment, resources, and other items to support students
– Partner with other organizations to support students (Milal Camp, Love Festival, etc.)
– Ability to relate to and work with a diverse population (Each of them is unique and need differentiated instruction and support)
– Train volunteers to provide appropriate support for each individual
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org