Grace Community Chapel is a thriving and growing church with three different sites in New Jersey. GCC was planted in 2005 near the campus of Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ. The Bergen Site in Northern NJ was planted in 2010, and the Korean Ministry Site in Northern NJ was planted in 2013. GCC averages about 600 adults and about 100 children on Sundays in total across the three sites.
GCC’s vision is “to make gospel-centered, radical followers of Jesus Christ in our church, in our local communities and around the world, restoring biblical communities of disciples.” We do this by “making gospel-centered disciples in the new 10-40 window – that is, between the approximate ages 10 and 40. We want to awaken younger generations of Christians and nurture them through their adulthood. By focusing on key stages of life, we hope to accomplish vertical as well as horizontal (global) missions, passing our faith on to younger generations.” You can find more information about our church vision and core values at www.gccnj.org. You can also find more about our denomination, Christian Reformed Church at www.crcna.org.
GCC is looking for an Associate Pastor that will serve as the Bergen Site Pastor who will also oversee the Married Ministry at the Bergen. The Bergen Site Pastor will be part of the GCC pastoral team that will work together to ensure that the church is carrying out its’ vision with the specific core values that is essential to GCC.
General Position Description
1. The Bergen site Pastor will lead and oversee the overall health of GCC Bergen Site and provide overall direction of the Bergen Site.
2. Oversee Bergen site ministries and ministry leaders. Communicating needs and overseeing personnel. Recruit, interview, and keep accountable both leaders and members of committees and ministries. Lead monthly meetings with leaders.
3. Lead and oversee the overall health of Bergen site Married Ministry by assessing spiritual needs as well as providing shepherding and support for the married cell group leaders.
4. On top of specific assignments, carry out additional responsibilities such as:
o Providing leadership and availability with church-wide ministry efforts such as missions trips, service planning, etc.
o Participating in weekly staff meetings, various ministry team meetings, retreats, etc.
o Assisting in developing and teaching various classes such as Bible Studies, Membership classes, Discipleship classes, and other various trainings.
o Leading weekly prayer meetings.
o Preaching as needed.
o Performing duties as assigned.
1. A profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Desire to grow deeper in personal love-relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. 3-5+ years of pastoral or ministerial experience strongly preferred. Adult ministry experience preferred.
4. Education: A Master’s degree (preferably M.Div or higher) from an evangelical accredited seminary.
5. Experience working in an Asian-American setting preferred.
6. Commitment to fully learning, understanding, and advocating GCC’s vision and core values (www.gccnj.org).
7. Commitment to team ministry.
8. Strong work ethic with high integrity and teachable heart.
9. Hold to Reformed theology.
10. Be ordained in reformed denomination or willing to transfer ordination to or become ordained into CRC.
1. Cover letter and resume
2. Links to 2 sermon videos.
3. 2 Ministry references
4. 1 Spouse reference (if applicable)
***Please email all items to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Associate Pastor.”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com