FULL-TIME Head Pastor Job Description
Grace Ministry is seeking a Head Pastor to serve our congregation and our community so that we may grow in our relationship with our Lord and bear fruit that will help transform our local community to resemble the loving Kingdom of Heaven. We are seeking a full time Pastor who will serve as the spiritual leader, teaching God’s word while building relationships with those who attend the church and others in the community. The Pastor must believe in the ultimate authority of scripture. The qualities we seek include leadership abilities, interpersonal skills, seasoned preaching abilities, and skills in vision development and execution. We also seek a Pastor who has a strong interest in cultivating our youth/children’s ministry. Finally we would also like our ministry to be characterized by inclusivity and diversity, and to promote peace and justice in our community and the world.
About Grace Ministry:
Grace Ministry, located just outside Philadelphia in Cherry Hill, NJ, is currently an English-speaking multi-ethnic, but primarily Korean-American congregation, comprised of about 65 adult members ranging in age from 20-60. We also conduct youth and children’s ministry programs, which we have collectively named “Next Generation Ministry”, for about 55 youngsters. There are 30 stable, long standing core families, with growing relationships among its members. Currently, there are regularly convened small group meetings which engage in various Bible-study and support/counseling activities. We also have a robust church Council committee with various sub-committees which function to administer the operational duties of our ministry. The church was started over 13 years ago, and is financially stable and healthy.
Grace Ministry has close ties with First Korean United Methodist Church (FKUMC), which is a Korean speaking church with whom we share a common campus. Although we are currently under the United Methodist Church umbrella, we are open to a Pastor from any denominational background as long as it conforms to central doctrine and the teachings of Jesus Christ.
For information about our Core Values and Statements of Faith visit https://www.graceministrynj.com
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Lead weekly Sunday worship service and special seasonal services throughout the year and other services as needed.
Provide regular teaching ministry and promote spiritual growth through Bible studies and other forms of spiritual nurturing.
- Oversee all aspects of ministry activities of Grace Ministry which includes but is not limited to small groups, children/youth group ministry, community outreach and missions.
- Conduct Pastoral care duties which would include counseling, home visitations, and spiritual support for members of our congregation.
- Commit to limited engagement in the ministry activities of FKUMC. The depth and degree of involvement would depend on the individual capabilities and qualifications.
- Oversee and work with the church council to administer executive duties of our ministry.
- M. Div degree from an accredited seminary.
- Full ordained status.
- 5+ years prior pastoral experience.
Total Compensation package including salary and all benefits $95,000 – $120,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Personal Profile (i.e. brief biography, testimony of salvation, strengths and weaknesses, family info, etc)
- Calling and Vision (reason for applying, vision for ministry, etc)
- Prior Sermon: Two (2) videos of your most recent sermons.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two (2) or more personal reference letters of recommendation from appropriate sources.
Send Application and Letters of Recommendation to:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org