Grace Redeemer Church
Church Vision: Seeking to become disciples transformed by the gospel to make disciples
Church Story: Grace Redeemer Church (GRC) is an evangelical, non-denominational, independent church in Cerritos, California. GRC established its full independent status as a church in January 2020. Our average Sunday adult attendance is 60- 70. We share the same church facility with Cerritos Mission Church (Korean-speaking/immigrant church) which planted
GRC and which we continue to partner with today.
Youth Ministry: We are steadily growing as a church that just celebrated our first anniversary. We currently have 2-3 sixth graders that will be transitioning into the Youth Ministry, and we expect more students to join in the near future. Through this position, we will establish our first Youth Ministry as a church. This pioneering position will require high flexibility, creativity, patience, and investment to establish and develop our Youth Ministry. This position is part-time, but can potentially grow into a full-time position as the Lord leads our church and growth of Youth Ministry
- Provide direction and strategic development of all aspects of the Youth Ministry with the direction of the Senior Pastor
- Oversee and direct all Youth Ministry-related programming (activities, mid-week meetings, retreats, etc.).
- Create and teach a discipleship/Sunday school curriculum using the Gospel Project
- Create opportunities for student to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ and to be a gospel witness in the world
- Build relationships among volunteer leaders/staff and students that lead to discipleship
- Develop and enforce policies necessary in maintaining a safe ministry environment
- Participate as a vital member of the staff team under the supervision of the Senior Pastor
- Other responsibilities assigned at the discretion of the Senior Pastor.
- Connect students to the overall life of the church (mission, baptism (credo), membership, etc.)
- Partnering with the Cerritos Mission Church youth ministry for activities, retreats, etc. when appropriate and beneficial.
- Complete personal gospel mentorship through Serge (https://serge.org/mentoring/mentored-sonship-2)
- Complete membership class when offered at GRC.
- A love for God and His Word and Character that is above reproach
- Clear calling for student ministry
- Gospel-centered passion to see students come to know, love, and follow Jesus
- Teachable team player with strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Current Seminary student or Seminary education preferred
- Alignment with the church”s statement of faith, purposes, vision, and values
- Submit to and pass a background check
$1300-1500 (15-20 hours a week)
Ideally to start July-September 2021 (negotiable)
Grace Redeemer Church:
12413 195th St. Cerritos, CA 90703 | www.grc.church
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org