Part-time Youth Group Pastor for Graceway Presbyterian Church
Graceway Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time youth group pastor. The candidate must be growing in their own faith in Jesus Christ and have a passion for youth ministry. We long to cultivate within our youth a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus that overflows and blesses others, to instill a vision in them that will excite, guide, and shape them as God intended, and to equip them with foundational truth and disciplines to succeed.
Our worship services are held in New Brunswick, New Jersey. We are made up of mostly young Asian American families. We belong to the Presbyterian Church (USA).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Two plus years (volunteer or paid) experience working with youth is ideal.
- Has the desire and ability to lead youth (approximately thirty 6th through 12th graders) to Christ, to help them grow in their faith, and train them to use their gifts and talents in service for Christ.
- Interpersonal and relational skills necessary for working with teens and their families.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to use technology and social media appropriately in order to connect with others.
- Be a living part of the church family in giving time, talent, and resources to drive the local church in its mission, vision, and purpose.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide direction of youth ministry in line with the church’s vision.
- Be responsible for coordinating and overseeing all programs for Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers.
- Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other staff.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Provide pastoral care, discipleship, and build relationships with youth.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and encourage volunteer leadership in Youth Ministry.
Shall be paid a salary of $1,300-$2,000 per month (compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities)
If interested, please submit a CV or resume to the moderator of the search committee, email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org