GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB FUNCTION
The EM Pastor will actively be involved in EM families’ spiritual lives in order to promote a solid foundation of Christian faith. This position would have the opportunity to shape and create this growing ministry through the overall Christian education program of the church for our beloved students and young adults to unite, connect, grow, serve and become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The EM Pastor must be someone who has a passion for God, with a love for the college students, young adults, and the multicultural families’ ability to relate to them as well as the ability to work well with Session members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Tasks
• Preach for Sunday EM worship at 9:45 AM. Develop relationships with the existing English Ministry members as well as college students. Develop and train lay leadership for the ministry. Work with the support and guidance of the Senior Pastor.
• Prepare/Lead Sunday Bible Studies (curriculum established already) if needed.
• Co-organize and execute year-round activities (retreats, revivals, outings, activities, etc.)
• Develop programs and activities that will develop spiritual growth
• Brainstorming ideas to create activities with a purpose: to train disciples and bring EM leaders closer to Christ.
• Praise Band and Praise Band Staff to help them become more Christ-like Servant leader disciples.
• Join Sunday weekly Staff prayer meeting (8:30 AM)
• Prepare/Participate in monthly session meeting.
• Prepare/Participate in EM leaders monthly meeting.
• Develop and plan EM Cell group gatherings.
• Select and implement curricula for leaders’ training.
• Develop long term goals to match objectives necessary to build the college students and young adults programs.
• Plan and lead retreats, revivals, lock-ins, local outreach programs, etc.
• Lead college students and young adults on mission trips (local or abroad) and other activities that will develop their spiritual maturity and positively impact the Kingdom of God.
• Perform other pastoral duties as needed (visitation, counseling, etc)
• Develop partnership with multicultural families through regular communication and foster relationships with church-at-large.
• Support Education Department as required
• Directly accountable to the Senior Pastor
• Develop and execute a larger vision for the college-age generation for the existing students as well as the unchurched young adults in the area. We believe a spiritual leader with passion will be able to leverage the resources available to make greater impact.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
– Hold a Masters of Divinity
– Passion and enthusiasm for EM ministry
– Preferred Bilingual (English & Korean)
– Minimum Us Permanent Resident Green Card Holder
If interested, please send the following via-email(firstname.lastname@example.org) only:
1. Resume with photo
2. Personal Testimony
3. Personal Vision Statement
4. Copy of a Sermon (Audio or video link)
5. 2 letters of recommendation from pastors or ministry leaders.
Compatible Salary, Housing Allowance, Health Benefit, Sick and Vacation Days
Contact: Elder Frank Park, email@example.com,336-681-5441
Korean First Presbyterian Church
318 Stage Coach Trail
Greensboro, NC 27490
(336) 632-1585 www.k1pc.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org