Living Water is a gospel-centered, gospel-driven, and gospel-multiplying community of believers.
We are the English-speaking congregation of Houston Hanbit Presbyterian Church, which has served the Greater Houston area for over 35 years and belongs to the KPCA denomination. Hanbit’s Korean congregation is a vibrant growing community of 350+ adult members. Living Water is a multigenerational and multiethnic community of 60+ adult members with a joint education ministry of 100+ children (toddler to youth). We aim to be his church together with deep love and support for each other.
You can learn more about Living Water and Houston Hanbit Presbyterian Church at
Living Water exists to love God, to faithfully obey Christ’s command to “love one another”, and to commit ourselves to Christ’s commission to be his witnesses and to “make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you”.
Position Summary | Start Date: July 1, 2022 (flexible)
Living Water is prayerfully seeking a full-time Associate Pastor, who has a passion for reaching and leading the youth to develop their relationship with Jesus Christ, and to help shape and lead our community in living out its missional faith together with the Lead Pastor of Living Water. The Associate Pastor will be under the supervision of the Lead Pastor of Living Water and will join the Hanbit pastoral team to collaboratively serve the entire church under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
· Support the Living Water Lead Pastor in planning and implementing vision and ministry
· Participate in pastoral care, prayer, and ministry to people as needed, and as directed by the Lead Pastor
· Be a dynamic and healthy member of the pastoral team and provide pastoral guidance in various church functions.
· Provide pastoral ministry support to Servant Leaders and the Governing Board members.
· Join in the ministry of preaching and teaching as coordinated by the Lead Pastor
· Provide pastoral ministry to the middle and high school youth (25+)
· Plan, organize, and lead the Youth Ministry partnering with the Education Elder and the Youth Ministry team – Sunday Worship, Friday Fellowship, and other ministries throughout the year.
· Recruit, train, and equip youth teachers and volunteers
· Engage and develop relationships with youth parents through parent-focused ministries
· Disciple youth leaders and create various opportunities for youth to serve Christ and his church.
· Be committed to faithful discipleship towards Christ and submit to healthy accountability with the pastors and elders of the church.
· Perform ministry related duties including admin, budgeting, event planning, etc.
Experience and Qualifications
· A committed disciple of Jesus Christ
· A clear calling for pastoral ministry and a deep-seated heart for youth ministry
· Graduate of an accredited seminary with a Master of Divinity degree.
· 1+ year of pastoral ministry experience
· Hold to Reformed theology, embrace Living Water’s Statement of Faith, and learn/submit to the policies and practices of Hanbit Houston Pres. (www.lwmhouston.org/our-statement-of-faith)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with English fluency
· 3+ years of experience involved in youth ministry and/or EM ministry
· Strong understanding of the Korean immigrant church and a working fluency in the Korean language
· Proficiency in worship tech, MS Office programs, musical instruments, online worship setup and other transferable skill sets
· Experience with curriculum development and volunteer management
Salary and Benefits
· Salary based on experience/education
· Added benefits: Medical insurance/health spending stipend, vacation stipend, gas allowance, continued ed allowance, pastoral visitations/care/conference/etc. expense coverage, moving expense assistance, and more.
· An awesome community of believers and a great pastoral team!
How to Apply
Please submit the listed documents to email@example.com
1. Resume and Cover Letter
2. Personal Testimony & Statement of Faith
3. Links to 2 recent sermon videos
4. 2 recommendation letters from current or previous ministries (at least 1 pastoral rec. letter)
5. 3 professional references
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org