Hope Presbyterian Church of New York (PCUSA) is seeking a full time Associate Pastor of our English-speaking congregation. Our church’s mission is to save lost souls and make disciples of Jesus Christ. Our vision for ministry is to model the New Testament church. We are part of the House Church Ministries International network (http://www.housechurchministries.org/) and fulfill our mission by filling the spiritual, emotional, and intellectual needs of members and non-believers through Sunday worship service (spiritual), home gatherings (emotional) and life bible studies (intellectual). We seek to be a church where the pastor equips the congregation by preaching and praying, and the members are built up to serve and do God’s ministry (Eph 4:12-16). We currently hold two services (one in English and another in Korean). Our English speaking members are about 20 multicultural young adults in their 20s and 30s.
The incoming candidate would serve as an Associate Pastor (or Co-Pastor depending on experience) to build a relationship with the congregation and then transition to Senior Pastor by mid-2022.
- Full responsibility over English speaking congregation
- English Sunday Worship service preaching and oversight
- Teaching bible study series
- Oversight of lay leaders and ministries
- Training of ordained officer candidates (deacons or elders)
- Being accountable to senior pastor and session
We are looking for a candidate who has the following leadership competencies/strengths: Compassionate, Preaching & Worship Leadership, Spiritual Maturity, Teacher, Bilingual (English and Korean), Willingness to Engage Conflict, Decision Making, Strategy & Vision, Interpersonal Engagement, and Initiative.
- Korean proficiency preferred
- M. Div from an accredited theological seminary
- Minimum 2-5 years of ordained ministry experience
- Desire to serve a multiethnic congregation; prior exposure to urban ministry is preferred
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
The offered salary is $56,000 – $65,000 per year. Benefits include health insurance, pension, with 2 weeks of personal vacation plus 1 week of study vacation (for associate pastor) or 4 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks study vacation (for co-pastor).
INTENT TO APPLY
If interested, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- Resume with recent picture, including three references
- Copy of M. Div. degree and ordination certificate
- Personal statement of faith (1 page)
- Biography (<1 page) and Ministry Vision (1 paragraph)
- Three professional recommendations letters, including a previous ministry
- Two recorded sermons (video preferred)
The Pastor Nominating Committee will only be reviewing complete applications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org