Hope Presbyterian Church of NY was founded in 1997 as a Korean immigrant church and is currently located in Bronx, NY. We are one church with two (Korean- and English-speaking) congregations; this position is for the English speaking congregation, consisting of about 20 young adult multi-ethnic members. We are affiliated with the Presbyterian Church of USA (P.C.U.S.A.) and our vision is to build up the church like the early New Testament Church (see https://www.nlfhouston.org/house-church/ and http://housechurchministries.org/ for more information).
- English fluency required, Korean proficiency preferred
- M. Div student, graduate from an accredited theological seminary, or ordained pastor
- Must have a desire to serve a multiethnic congregation; prior exposure to urban ministry is preferred
- Must be available all day Sunday and one other weekday (to be determined)
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Preach expository Sunday sermon
- Encourage and support the core lay leaders, and empower them to build up the members they care for to greater spiritual maturity, service and evangelism
- Attend lay leader and session meetings once monthly
Engage and communicate with visitors and new believers
- One year minimum commitment; a candidate who can transition to a full time role after 2 years is preferred
- $24,000 1st year Part Time Position, $36,000 2nd year Half Time Position
If interested, please submit the following information to the pastoral search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume including two references
- Copy of M. Div. degree (for graduates)
- Two professional recommendations letters from a previous ministry
- Personal statement of faith
- Two recorded sermons
Your application will be processed once all the requested documents have been received.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.