Houston Hanbit Presbyterian Church (hanbithouston.org is located in southeast Houston and serves the Korean community of about 250 as well as a diverse multi-ethnic English-speaking congregation of about 50 in “Living Water Ministry” (houstonlivingwaterministry.com). We are currently seeking to hire a youth pastor to oversee our youth students. We are a healthy church and that has been established since 1986.
Here is some information for the youth pastor position::
- Works closely under the English Ministry Pastor (Living Water Ministry or LWM) and reports to the Lead Pastor and Elder Board of Hanbit Church
- There are about 20 youth students with about a 60/40 split between Middle School (7th-8th) and High School (9th-12th).
Main responsibilities consist of:
– Discipleship, recruitment and mentoring of the youth students and youth staff
– Setting curriculum and training leaders for Sunday Bible Study
– Planning and leading youth retreats twice a year
– Planning and leading a mission trip once a year
– Friday Night Youth Gatherings
– Sunday Worship Planning and Preaching (this is currently done jointly with LWM, more information on this topic with serious candidates)
– Weekly staff meetings
– Partner with Houston-area ministries for various joint youth activities
– Office hours (hours depend on which time status the candidate is hired on)
– Current student or graduate of seminary with MDiv or MA in Youth Ministry
Married is preferable in that the ideal candidate would have a spouse who can serve as our kindergarten pastor. However, there will be no issues with potential candidates who are single.
Two sermon samples in audio (one in video would be helpful)
3 Ministry References
At least one from a pastor you served under
At least one from a deacon or elder you served with/under
No references from family members will be accepted
Able to speak English fluently, Korean is a plus
Half-time: ~ 24 hours a week (Friday and Saturdays are mandatory)
Financial support of at least $2300, depending on experience
Other benefits include:
$100 monthly gas fund
Full-time: ~ 40 hours a week (Friday and Saturdays are mandatory)
Financial support of at least $3000 a month, depending on experience
Other benefits include: once a year vacation stipend of $500,
health insurance is included in monthly salary, one week of vacation in the first 2 years after which you will have 2 weeks per year, monthly gas allowance of $100
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Required Application Package Details:
Send any questions and all resumes, references, sermon examples, a personal picture of yourself (with family if you are married) and personal information (history, call to ministry and ministry style/philosophy) to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you! We look forward to joyfully and hopefully discerning after God’s wisdom and joy in this time of new chapters!
In Christ’s service, and yours.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com