JOY CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP
52 W. Ivy Lane Englewood, NJ 07640 Joychurch.com
YOUTH PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
BACKGROUND OF JOY CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP is located in northern Bergen County, NJ just a few miles from the George Washington Bridge. Founded in 1999, JOY is a non- denominational Bible Church with a Korean Presbyterian Church of America heritage. Theologically, we align closely with the Westminster Catechism and Reformed Catechisms and our Senior Pastor received his ordination through KPCA. The congregation is comprised of roughly 250 member (combined) at our two Sunday contemporary worship services. The Youth Ministry is currently at 65 students and will continue to grow as there are many students in Elementary that will be graduating.
Below is a description of the open position at JOY. If interested, please send in the following to youthPSC@joychurch.com for consideration:
- Resume, including 3 references (2 professional and 1 personal)
- Personal statement of faith
- Link to 2 sermons (audio and/or video are both acceptable) Brief philosophy of youth ministry
Upon receipt of all the above items, we will reach out with next steps.
Joy Christian Fellowship is praying and seeking God’s direction in our search for a full-time Youth Pastor whose calling and gifting is to guide and transform our youth into disciples of Christ. The Youth Pastor will love investing time with youth, be passionate about developing youth into leadership roles, and be responsible for overseeing youth small group leaders all the while including parents as the primary disciplers in their children’s lives in alignment with Joy’s vision.
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Born again Christian with a genuine growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Healthy spiritual family/personal life.
- Current enrolled in or completed a Master of Divinity program at an accredited seminary.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in organized Youth Ministry.
- Possess the gift of preaching and teaching.
- Must be collaborative, relational, and a consensus builder.
- Self-motivated, teachable, and a continual learner.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exemplifies a missional lifestyle and models this behavior for students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, direct and lead Sunday Services. (Youth pastors will preach most Sundays for youth group worship)
- Intercede regularly for youth and youth volunteer staff.
- Prepare, develop and implement Bible study material for Youth small groups as needed.
Recruit, equip, and lead adult volunteers to lead youth small groups.
- Provide organized discipleship outlets for students (Fridays, occasional weekend events, etc.)
- Maintain open line of communication with both students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities in a way that fosters partnership and involvement.
- Coordinate special spiritual events throughout the year (including but not limited to:
- retreats, missions, community events alongside the greater JOY community).
- Collaborate closely with YC’s (Youth Coordinators) for support and communication.
- Onboard, train, and develop teachers and leaders in a systematic way that supports both the youth and our volunteers.
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
Joy Christian Fellowship: 52 W Ivy Lane, Englewood, NJ 07631
Position Type: Full-Time ($50k – $60k commensurate with experience)
Benefits: Full Health, Dental, and Training/book & mileage reimbursement
To apply for this job email your details to youthPSC@joychurch.com