Assistant Children’s Ministry Pastor (Ages 2 – Grade 5)
Joy Christian Fellowship is currently seeking a part-time Assistant Children’s Ministry Pastor to work alongside the full-time Children’s Ministry Pastor.
Joy Christian Fellowship is a two-site church with locations in Englewood, New Jersey and Manhattan, New York. This Children’s Ministry Pastor will be ministering the children of Joy Englewood location.
Joy Englewood is a nondenominational church (formerly KPCA) with approximately 250 adults and 175 children consisting of approximately 15 toddlers, 80 K~5 and 80 youth. Currently, 90% of congregants are second-generation Korean Americans.
1. Shepherd and Teach Students
- Prepare, Lead and Preach Sunday Worship on a rotating schedule
- Prepare and Lead Weekly Fellowship Events
- Prepare and Lead Special Events – VBS, Christmas, Easter, etc
2. Support Volunteer Teachers
- Plan, prepare, and distribute Sunday small group materials
- Join weekly volunteer teachers meetings on Sundays
3. Communicate and Administrative Support
- Email updates to parents
- Maintain class rosters and update directory
- Maintain Children’s Ministry Website
- Maintain and Organize Supplies
4. Receive Support from Full Time Children’s Ministry Pastor
- Join weekly churchwide staff meetings
- Will report to Senior Pastor; until the position is filled, will report to overseeing Elder
* The full time CM Pastor will be on maternity leave for 6-8 weeks in spring/summer of 2022, which may alter the job descriptions temporarily.
1. Currently enrolled in or completed seminary education
2. Strong verbal/written communication skills
3. Heart and passion to serve the children’s ministry
Hours: Part time 20 hours/week
Salary: ($1,500 – $1,900/month; depending on experience)
1. Cover Letter – self introduction and your interest in the position
2. Resume/CV – ministry experience and educational background
3. Personal Testimony
4. Two References
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com