KAPCQ (Korean American Presbyterian Church of Queens) is a multi-congregational church in Flushing, NY with four congregations worshipping in English, Korean, Chinese and Russian. We have over 2,200 worshippers and over 500 children attending on Sundays.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Education/Senior High Pastor to join in the transformative work God is doing at our church and meet the needs of the children and youth at KAPCQ. We are committed to spreading the Gospel and to the Great commission of making disciples for Jesus Christ.
The primary responsibilities include:
1. Oversee, plan, promote and manage the Education Dept of KAPCQ
- Help set the vision and direction for the Education Dept under the leadership of the Senior Pastor and Lead Pastors.
- Promote the children’s spiritual growth through worship, Sunday school, programs, etc.
- Oversee the eight Pastors on staff in the Education Dept.
- Plan with the Education Dept committee (Pastors and Dept heads) to implement the Sunday school curriculum.
- Have visitations with students and parents of students (as needed) and maintain healthy communication and contact.
- Oversee special events and performances (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.).
2. Lead the Senior High Ministry (65+ students weekly)
- Lead the worship service for KAPCQ high school students (9th-12th grade) every Sunday and special services.
- Equip and train the teachers and volunteers for the Sunday school and small groups.
- Plan and coordinate Senior High ministry activities and events (retreats).
- Engage with the students in building genuine relationships and fostering a Christ-centered spiritual community (visitations, prayer, etc.).
The qualifications for the position are:
- A profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- A Gospel driven heart to shepherd, nurture and care after the children and students.
- Able to communicate well with students and staff – ability to speak age appropriately with understanding & insight.
- Good organizational and administrative skills with a teachable heart.
- The candidate must have graduated from an accredited evangelical seminary.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluent in English, Proficient in Korean.
The salary and compensation will be commensurate with experience. If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume, brief bio, and personal statement of faith to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com