The Korean Church of Queens is seeking a part-time pastor to serve the youth ministry.
The Korean Church of Queens is a non-denominational church plant that rooted itself in Queens, NY 49 years ago by Korean immigrants. Today, the average Sunday attendance is about 600 adults with predominantly Korean-speaking congregants with the younger generation being more acquainted with the American culture while still knowing the Korean culture. The ground is fertile for a youth pastor to come in because many are hungry for Jesus and relationship. The youth group has an average attendance of 40-50 students. There is a growing heart and prayer for the second generation to flourish at this church despite some difficulties.
- Attending or have completed Bible college or seminary
- A born-again Christian who continually loves Jesus
- Able to love and serve the youth and families
- Able to understand or speak Korean (preferred)
- Previous experience in serving junior high & high school age students (preferred)
- Lead & preach Sunday youth ministry services
- Lead & equip bible study teachers
- Organize & lead weekly Friday night youth meetings
- Communicate & work as a team with other education ministry staff
- Communicate & work with the Parent-Teacher Association
- Plan retreats and events through the year
- Participate in certain church-wide events with the adult congregation
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- School scholarship available
To apply, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the mailing address listed below
- 2 References (1 work & 1 pastoral/personal)
- 1-2 page personal testimony of your faith journey
ATTN: Kevin Yun
Korean Church of Queens
89-00 23rd ave
East Elmhurst, NY 11369.
If you have any questions please call 718-672-1150 and ask for Pastor Kevin Yun. Thank you!