The Korean Church of Queens is seeking a part-time pastor to serve the elementary ministry.
The Korean Church of Queens is a non-denominational church plant that rooted itself in Queens, NY 49 years ago by Korean immigrants. Today, the average Sunday attendance is about 600 adults with predominantly Korean-speaking congregants with the younger generation being more acquainted with the American culture while still knowing the Korean culture. The elementary ministry has an average attendance of 30 students. There is a growing heart and prayer for the second generation to flourish at this church despite some difficulties.
- Attending or have completed Bible college or seminary
- A born-again Christian who continually loves Jesus
- Able to love and serve children and families
- Able to understand or speak Korean (preferred)
- Previous experience in serving elementary age students (preferred)
- Lead & preach Sunday elementary ministry services
- Lead & equip bible study teachers
- Organize & lead weekly Friday night elementary student meetings
- Communicate & work as a team with other education ministry staff
- Communicate & work with the Parent-Teacher Association
- Plan retreats and events through the year
- Participate in certain church-wide events with the adult congregation
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- School scholarship available
To apply, please send the following materials to kcqny.edu@gmail or to the mailing address listed below.
- 2 References (1 work & 1 pastoral/personal)
- 1-2 page personal testimony of your faith journey
ATTN: Education Department
Korean Church of Queens
89-00 23rd ave
East Elmhurst, NY 11369.
If you have any questions please call 718-672-1150 and ask for Pastor Kevin Yun. Thank you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org