The Korean Presbyterian Church of Westchester’s (KPCoW) English Ministry (EM) is the English-speaking congregation of KPCoW in New Rochelle, New York. We are looking for an EM Pastor who is called to serve an adult ministry consisting of married couples with families, young adults and college-aged students. The position is for a Full-Time Pastor who can preach for Sunday service, actively minister to the EM congregation during the week, and work closely with the Senior Pastor, EM Worship Committee and other volunteers to contribute to KPCoW’s mission and objectives to serve Christ.
Title: English Ministry Pastor – Full-Time
The EM Pastor is accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Session of KPCoW (consisting of KM and EM members) and will work alongside the EM Worship Elder and EM Worship Committee.
The EM Pastor shall:
– Preach during Sunday Worship (11am)
– Have oversight over all EM ministries including Regional Community Groups
– Teach/Train Leaders
– Implement Discipleship
– Provide counseling and visitations for congregation members
– Take part in creating a community through fellowship and welcoming
– Monitor the health of the EM congregation
– Implement and carry out a vision for the ministry
– Work with the pastoral staff, the Session of the church and the EM Worship Committee
– Attend monthly Session meetings
– Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary
– Eligible to work in the U.S.
– At least a 2-year commitment
– Korean language skills
Salary, stipends, and benefits:
– Commensurate with experience
We, at KPCoW, are committed to:
– Strengthen our church family (both adults and youth) through prayer, worship, fellowship and hospitality
– Deepen our spiritual study of Scripture and our Christian understanding of the world
– Create and nurture a loving, supportive, and inclusive church family while also being mindful of our Korean heritage
– Share the Good News with the un-churched and non-believers
KPCoW was started in 1979 to serve the immigrant Korean community desiring to worship in the native Korean language. The EM was introduced in 1998 for the children of the KM and for the next generation of Korean-Americans, who are English-educated and primarily English-speaking. The EM has fully blossomed over the years and is now attended by members and visitors both related and not related to the KM. The two groups are distinctly different in our life experiences, in the language we primarily use, and often hold diverging cultural views. But both share the common Korean ancestry and in this common thread, we desire to grow in Christ together as one church. As such, KPCoW’s Session (currently 5 KM and 3 EM Elders) and Deacons consists of both KM and EM members.
Total Membership (2018): 402
Average Sunday Attendance (2018): 323
● Korean Speaking (KM1, KM2): 187
● English Speaking (EM, Teacher, YG, CC, TC): 136
Brian Park, Clerk of Session
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org