Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida is seeking a full-time pastor for the Youth/EM church (6th ~12th grades). The Youth/EM pastor will report to the senior pastor as a member of the pastoral staff team, currently consisting of two children’s pastors and one secretary. This will be a great ministry opportunity working with both the pastoral team and the education board of the church, a vibrant group that supports the whole 2nd generation students and their families in the church.
Title: Youth/EM Pastor
Compensation: from $45,000 to $55,000 (depending upon the level of education and ministry experience) plus partial health Insurance support & other benefits (1 week of paid vacation along with ministry allowance, and one-time relocation expense up to $2000)
General Purpose of Position: To build youth and EM for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Divinity from an accredited Seminary is desired.
Must embrace Christian discipline.
A minimum of two years’ experience in working with youth or EM.
Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement youth ministry.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with young adult and youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
· Shepherding students in faith
· Leading and preaching Sunday worship service.
· Directing youth Sunday school (6-12th Grade) and leading Friday night activities.
· Recruit and train Sunday school teachers and staffs who work with students in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
· Organizing and executing Youth ministry events and programs throughout the year such as summer and winter retreats, confirmation, baptism and purity celebration, lock-ins, and other training and fellowship events.
· Helping students develop their leadership skills to organize local community outreach program.
· Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation.
· Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Leading and preaching Sunday worship service.
· Provide spiritual leadership and pastoral counseling to EM members.
· Teach weekly Bible study group.
· Plan, execute and evaluate ministry events as well as programs throughout the year such as short-term missions, retreats, outreach programs and other training events.
Submit the following in a zip file to the search committee chair, Jahyun Goo via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (feel free to email should you need further clarification on this position)
1) A cover letter briefly describing personal background
2) A vision statement for ministry (one page)
3) A resume with two references at least
4) Two recent sermons in video or audio (a link to access those will do.)
5) A copy of ministerial license and ordination certificate
Korean United Methodist Church of South Florida is a leading Korean church located in beautiful sunny South Florida. The church has been recently relocated from the original site with more than 3 decades of ministry to the current campus with the spacious sanctuary and a multi-purpose building newly built. The church has a healthy mix of KM (average Sunday attendance of 300 adults), 20 EM congregations, 30 Youth, 40 elementary from K-5th grade, and 20 Pre-K & younger. The address is:
6501 W. Commercial Blvd,
Tamarac, FL 33319
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com