We are seeking a full-time Youth Pastor who will lead and oversee the spiritual growth of our Youth Group in the love of God. Our Youth Group is comprised of approximately 80 students in middle school through college. Youth Group meets each week on Friday evening and Sunday, as well as conduct other activities that strengthen fellowship within the church (e.g., with English Congregation), with other churches (e.g., revivals, sports competitions), and in out-reach ministries (e.g., local community service and summer missions outside USA).
- Teaching and preaching the Word of God during Sunday worship service.
- Prepare and lead Friday night Youth Group service. Focus of Friday evening service rotate through different themes like fun/fellowship activities, Bible study, and praise & prayer.
- Work closely with Education Minister and Youth counselors/teachers to align overall education ministry and worship with small group activities.
- Plan and prepare for Summer and Winter Retreats.
- Train and lead Youth Group members for summer mission trips. Mission trips are church-wide effort in collaboration with several other churches.
- Plan and lead Parent-Teachers Association meetings.
- Work closely with Youth Group Deacon, Senior Pastor and Elders to align and implement Youth Group ministry focus areas.
- Other tasks and priorities may arise that require attention. As the role and situations evolve, the Youth Pastor will work with the church leadership to define new priorities in the best interest of the church and the Youth Group.
Qualifications, Education and Work Experience:
- Conviction and reflection of Christ’s love in ministering to Youth.
- Graduate degree in Divinity.
- Three years of satisfactory work experience in Youth or similar ministries.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Korean is helpful but not a requirement.
- A self-starter and a team player, perform well with minimum supervision.
Korean United Presbyterian Church of Chicago (KUPC) is blessed to be one of the established Korean-American churches in Chicago, with history going back almost 50 years. The church serves multiple generations of the Korean-American community in the Greater Chicagoland.
- Base salary: $40,000 – 45,000 annual. Compensation will be based on candidate’s experience and qualification.
- Candidate is eligible for healthcare program.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com