Lighthouse Kids Sunday Morning Worship
- Implement programs
- Lead or facilitate praise
- Oversee check-in and check-out
Preparation for Sunday Worship
- Order and/or prepare age-appropriate curriculum for 2-K children
- Prepare teacher’s guide
- Provide parent take-home resource & weekly email for parents
- Recruit and train new teachers/volunteers
- Attend weekly 1.5 hour staff meeting
- Purchase crafts, classroom supplies, games, and decorations, which will be reimbursed
- Update and maintain Lighthouse families’ children & youth database
- Create budget for Lighthouse Kids Ministry
- Office Hours: flexible, but all work is to be done in a timely manner in prep for services
- Coordinate with the Lighthouse pastoral staff to plan special events that include Lighthouse Kids (Joint Family Service, Graduation/Promotion Sunday, and etc).
- Accountable to the lead pastor and then to the leadership team
- Consult the lead pastor on plans and policies
- Coordinate with the Binnerri education department to ensure smooth transition of Lighthouse children to Binnerri’s elementary children’s ministry.
- Collaborate with the Binnerri education department regarding special events like VBS, Hallelujah Night, etc.
- Demonstrates commitment as a growing follower of Jesus Christ
- Has a minimum of two years ministry experience (In children’s ministry, preferred).
- Can commit to a term of two years as Lighthouse Kids Ministry Director
- Is teachable, a team player, and enthusiastic about early childhood education
- Is committed to the mission, statement of faith and core values of Lighthouse Ministry
WORK LOAD & COMPENSATION
- 12-15 hours per week
- $1000 per month
- $500 per year (Conference Allowance)
VISION FOR THIS POSITION
- To develop and grow Lighthouse Kids ministry in collaboration with the pastoral staff of Lighthouse Ministry.
- To create a fun, age-appropriate environment for spiritual formation (discipleship) of children, ages two to Kindergarten.
- To equip parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
ABOUT LIGHTHOUSE MINISTRY
Lighthouse Ministry is dedicated to developing disciples of Jesus Christ who are devoted to loving God, loving others, and serving the world.
Lighthouse is the English-speaking congregation of Binnerri Presbyterian Church. Formed in the early 90s, Lighthouse has grown increasingly diverse. Fifteen percent of the congregation is non-Korean. We are a blend of many singles, early families with young children, and established families with children and teens.
- CHRIST-CENTERED: We draw our identity from Christ and strive to put Christ at the center of all we do in our daily lives with family, friendship, work, and church.
- HEALTHY: We strive to be a healthy church that humbly acknowledges our brokenness, lovingly speaks truth into each other’s lives, and joyfully embraces the gift of limits.
- HOSPITABLE: We strive to extend to all people the same hospitality with which God has welcomed us in Christ.
- MISSIONAL: We strive to actively engage in our everyday world as an ambassador of Jesus Christ seeking to bless the world through our friendship, service, and the gospel of Jesus Christ
If you meet the requirements listed here, agree with our core values and mission, and are interested in developing an early childhood church ministry, please send your résumé and cover letter (with ministry experience clearly stated) to Pastor KJ Ahn at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org