The Children’s (Education) Pastor will work with Logos Central Chapel (LCC) Educations Ministry (Children’s and Youth Group). The key elements of the ministry include children worship, classroom and special programs as well as administrative systems within Children’s Ministry, and supporting the Youth Group Ministry. LCC Children’s Ministry is one of our main priorities with an average attendance of about 20-25 children from pre-K to 5th grades. The parents are extremely supportive and involved. We have very dedicated teachers to serve our children. This position is to develop and improve leadership skills and experiences in ministry to pursue further and more permanent ministry position in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
• Communicate with volunteer staff (teachers)
• Build and maintain inventory for events and programs
• Visitor follow up
• Assist administratively (marketing, room usage, organizational classroom supplies and database procedures) and in program development and operations for events such as VBS, Kids camp, Special Events (i.e., Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Family Retreat, etc.)
• Attend weekly pastoral staff meetings and other meeting in relations to Children Ministry
• Prepare weekly message for Children Ministry’s Sunday Worship
• Model the love of Christ to the children and teaching staff, by praying for them, developing relationships, listening to their concerns, needs, joys and accomplishments
• Attend scheduled training events and retreats
• Assist in evaluating programs and classroom operations
• Recruit, interview, and process applications
• Develop and maintain a volunteer schedule
• Communicate to parents and children information through flyers, forms, handouts, emails and phone calls.
• Record & turn into Financial Ministry Team all spending records and requests for funds
• Prepare classrooms for services by checking for safety & cleanliness standards, setting up supplies, etc.
• Manage volunteers, welcome and assist visitors in finding classrooms and obtaining information during services
• Ensure the usage of safety policies, classroom rules and discipline, allergy precautions and any other guidelines needed for proper supervision and care for the children
• Assist in planning ways for children to participate in outreach opportunities within the community
• Assist in organizing and overseeing in Children Ministry together with pastoral staff and Children’s Ministry Team
• Maintain programs in place for positive affirmation learning and behavior incentives for the children
• Plan special Holiday classes for the children with programs and crafts for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s day, Father’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, PTA, Halloween Alternative, etc.
• Plan Promotion activities for children promoting up a grade in June. Graduation parties for children advancing to the youth group
• Attend outreach events as it pertains to Children’s Ministry
• Assist in arranging and designing classrooms to create an effective learning environment
To succeed in this job successfully, an individual must be able to learn to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• College degree or beyond (Master’s degree preferred)
• Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with word processing software
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in written communications
• Demonstrate ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Self-motivated and flexible with strong organization skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines
• Korean-American or Asian-American preferred
• Regular involvement in LCC weekend services, activities, and events
• Living out the Biblical faith in action to show F.A.T. qualities (Faithful, Available, and Teachable heart); tithing; consistently attending worship services; involvement in outreach; following Christ personally and passionately; keeping sexual purity
• Christ-centered behavior at all times (i.e., treating people with respect, compassion, and integrity)
• Has the ability to function independently. Possess the ability to speak. Has the physical ability to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. This position also may require long periods of standing and walking
• Base salary: $ TBD (based on experience and qualifications)
To learn more about our church, please visit: logoscentralchapel.org.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and a CV/resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com