Children’s (Education) Pastor
Supervisor’s Title: Jeremy Roh, Senior Pastor of LCC Full-time Position (40 hours per week)
Ministry Description: The Children’s (Education) Pastor will work with Logos Central Chapel (LCC) Educations Ministry (Children’s and Youth Group). The key elements of the ministry include children worship, classroom and special programs as well as administrative systems within Children’s Ministry.
LCC Children’s Ministry is one of our main priorities with an average attendance of about 20-25 children from pre-K to 5th grades. The parents are extremely supportive and involved. We have very dedicated teachers to serve our children. This position is to develop and improve leadership skills and experiences in ministry to pursue further and more permanent ministry position in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
• Model the love of Christ to the children and teaching staff, by praying for them, developing relationships, listening to their concerns, needs, joys and accomplishments
• Prepare weekly message for Children Ministry’s Sunday Worship
• Assist administratively (marketing, room usage, organizational classroom supplies and database procedures) and in program development and operations for events such as VBS, Kids camp, Special Events (i.e., Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Family Retreat, etc.)
• Assist in evaluating programs and classroom operations
• Ensure the usage of safety policies, classroom rules and discipline, allergy precautions and any other guidelines needed for proper supervision and care for the children
• Assist in organizing and overseeing in Children Ministry together with pastoral staff and Children’s Ministry Team
• Plan special Holiday classes for the children with programs and crafts for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s day, Father’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, PTA, Halloween Alternative, etc.
• Assist in arranging and designing classrooms to create an effective learning environment
Qualifications To succeed in this job successfully, an individual must be able to learn to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• College degree or beyond (Master’s degree preferred)
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in written communications
• Self-motivated and flexible with strong organization skills and the ability to work well with timelines Spiritual Requirements
• Regular involvement in LCC weekend services, activities, and events
• Living out the Biblical faith in action to show F.A.T. qualities (Faithful, Available, and Teachable heart); tithing; consistently attending worship services; involvement in outreach; following Christ personally and passionately; keeping sexual purity
• Christ-centered behavior at all times (i.e., treating people with respect, compassion, and integrity)
• Has the ability to function independently.
• Possess the ability to speak.
• Has the physical ability to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Base salary: $35,000 – $40,000 annual
To learn more about our church, please visit: logoscentralchapel.org.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and a CV/resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org