Los Feliz United Methodist Church is a missional, Gospel-centered, and passionate church in Los Angeles, CA centered on Jesus Christ and discipleship. We are in search of a full-time EM (English Ministry)/JCC (Jesus Christ Community) pastor who will shepherd our English-speaking congregation (70% Korean and 30% Filipino) and mentor our volunteer leaders/Youth directors/JCC CORE leadership team. LFUMC EM is a body with a servant spirit with 80% of the congregation partaking in leading and teaching. We are not a separate church from our KM (Korean Ministry); we are a family church of ~300 people with multiple generations (i.e. grandson to grandma), planning a healthy transition with the Senior Pastor.
Los Feliz’s history spans over 100 years and has been in the Los Feliz region of Los Angeles for well over 60 years. Our core visions are: (1) to become disciples of Jesus Christ (DTS – Discipleship Training School) (2) transform Hollywood into HolyWood (HolyWood fellowship and praise night) (3) to obey the Great Commission and make disciples of all nations (Vision 50 – LFUMC-grown missions organization with 3,000 pastors & 15,000 members at 2,000 churches in 17 different countries). If you feel called to serve alongside the church as we transform LFUMC, Hollywood, Los Angeles, and the world for the Lord, please continue to read and apply!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preside over Sunday worship with the support of the leadership and the worship teams
- Preach the truth, the Word of God
- Disciple and mentor LFUMC leaders and laymen by conducting DTS
- Be a team-player and proactively work together with the body of Christ – the Church (global and local)
- Have an intimate relationship with Christ
- Commit to relational ministry
- Share Biblical wisdom with the congregation
- Oversee and support church events
- Believer and disciple of Jesus Christ
- Called to vocational ministry
- Humble, good work ethic, has a teachable heart
- Responsible to lead, serve, and protect the sheep
- Fluent in English
**Please email all attachment to email@example.com**
- Statement of faith
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Links to 2 sermon videos (or more)
- 2 ministry references (or more)
- Graduated from or currently attending an accredited seminary
- Minimum of 2 years of ministry experience
- Commensurate with education and experience
- (Trust me, we care about how much our pastors make!)
- 3-5 years of ministry
- Experience in leading missions
- Experience in discipleship training
- We welcome applicants of all race/ethnic backgrounds!
- You do NOT have to be fluent in Korean.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org