Located in Queens, New York, New Creation Fellowship is a non-denominational church predominately made up of 2nd generation Korean Americans, welcoming the opportunity of becoming a multi-ethnic / multi-cultural community. We are a congregation of college students, urban professionals and young families whose mission is to grow in the Gospel and be outwardly compassionate by confidently engaging our culture with biblical wisdom in order to promote an inclusive community that flourishes Queens, New York City, the world and the next generation.
We are a young at heart energetic group seeking a full time Assistant pastor who loves to be around people and thrives on building Gospel centered relationships. The ideal candidate is someone who focuses their lives and ministry on the Gospel with a strong conviction of Biblical discipleship and servant leadership. This applicant must be an ordained minister of Word and Sacrament in one of the denominations under NAPARC (PCA, KAPC, OPC) or is willing to transfer their current ordination credentials to a NAPAC denomination. If you are looking for a place to call home and want to help us bring the Good News to the world, please contact our search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our ideal candidate will be seeking a long-term commitment to serve together in our ministry.
Under the leadership of our Lead Pastor, the Assistant Pastor’s primary responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
1. Assist Lead Pastor in various pastoral tasks
- Preside and lead liturgy for Sunday worship service weekly
- Preach occasionally throughout the year
- Assist the Lead Pastor with general shepherding duties (visitations, counseling, etc.)
2. Oversee the Small Group (Oikos) Ministry
- Coordinate local mercy outreach efforts with our Mercy Team (Beacon)
- Provide monthly training sessions for current leaders
- Meet with current leaders for monthly 1-on-1 discipleship
- Recruit and equip new leaders
- Launch additional small groups (as needed)
3. Develop Young Adult Ministry
- Shepherd college students and young adults through small group/discipleship
- Train current leaders and raise up new leaders
- Coordinate various ministry-related events and activities (Summer Retreat, Praise & Prayer,
- Outreach, Outings, etc.)
4. Oversee the Global Missions Ministry
- Organize and lead annual overseas short-term missions trip
- Create opportunities for our members to learn more about global missions
- Cultivate and maintain long-term partnerships with missionaries
A minimum of 4-6 years of pastoral experience preferred.
Master of Divinity at a theological seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools is required.
For more information please visit our website (https://www.nyncf.org), Facebook (nyncf) and Instagram account (@nyncf).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com