New Creation Fellowship (“NCF”) is gospel centered church that seeks to develop followers of Jesus who grow up in the gospel to go out with the gospel. We are currently seeking a Christian Education Pastor that has a passion to teach and nurture the next generation with the gospel and to empower and equip fellow adult Christians (parents and volunteers) with the same passion. Our Christian Education is made up of approximately 50-60 children with a wide age range. This role is currently a full-time position (40-50 hours/week). For more information, please visit our website at New Creation Fellowship our NCF Facebook.
1.Leadership: Under supervision of Lead Pastor, the CE pastor works w/CE Board to provide leadership and direction to the parents and volunteers of the CE Department by:
a.Executing the vision of the Christian Education ministry through delegation of roles and responsibilities to volunteers.
b.Managing volunteers to ensure that goals and objectives are being met.
c.Actively recruiting and training volunteers.
d.Regularly communicating ministry status and developments to parents and leadership.
e.Coordinating special children events throughout the year:
- Annual retreat
- Christmas Eve service
- Christmas Sunday presentation
- Good Friday service and Easter Sunday presentation
- Moving up ceremony (Graduation)
2.Teaching: Prepare and deliver Sunday messages tailored to each respective group within NCF’s Children’s Ministry (Toddlers/Elementary) and manage Sunday morning praise with our children
3.Shepherding: Actively shepherd the children under their care and seek to cultivate genuine relationships with them and their respective parents by:
a.Monitoring Sunday attendance and personally reaching out to families that have inconsistent attendance.
b.Consistently praying for the children throughout the week, while asking for prayer requests.
c.Acknowledging and responding to major events and milestones of children’s lives such as birthdays, graduations, hospitalization, death in the family, etc.
d.Maintain an available presence for children and their families.
4.Administration/management: Supervise the overall operation of the Christian Education ministry by:
a.Preparing and adapting the curriculum for our respective groups.
b.Scheduling and informing volunteers when they will be teaching.
c.Monitoring and ensuring we have all the materials needed for lessons and crafts.
d.Leading meetings w/teachers for training and encouragement
e.Bi-annual PTA meetings w/parents
a.Oversee Bridge Class (Sunday school class for incoming 6th graders to transition to adult service)
b.Meet monthly w/ yg volunteer staff for training and prayer
c.Participate in bi-monthly youth bible study led by volunteer staff
d.Prepare to manage a part-youth group staff to oversee youth group.
- A maturing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- High energy and enthusiasm with a genuine and infectious love for children.
- Knowledgeable about the physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual development of children.
- Ability to maintain composure and decisiveness when facing problems or challenges in ministerial settings.
- Demonstrating good communication skills (verbal and written); strong relational and organizational skills; and leadership.
- A theological degree from an accredited Bible college or seminary. Being ordained is a plus but not necessary for this role.
- At least 3-4 years of proven experience with children’s ministry in a congregational setting.
- Competency with standard computer software including (MS Word, Excel and PPT) and the capacity to learn new software programs
If you have any questions about this position, need more information, or to request an application, please direct your inquiry to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org