New Creation Fellowship (NCF) is seeking a Children’s Ministry Director (CM Director) that has a passion to teach and nurture the next generation with the gospel to empower and equip fellow adult Christians (parents and volunteers) with the same passion. Our Children’s Ministry is made up of approximately 50-60 children with a wide age range. This role is currently a part-time position (25 hours/week). For more information, please visit our website at www.nyncf.org.
The CM Director would be responsible for the following:
- Leadership: Work with the Lead Pastor and Education Committee to provide leadership and direction to the parents and volunteers of the Children’s Ministry by:
- Setting a clear vision for the ministry.
- Executing the vision through delegation of roles and responsibilities to volunteers.
- Managing volunteers to ensure that goals and objectives are being met.
- Actively recruiting and training volunteers.
- Regularly communicating ministry status and developments to parents and leadership.
- Teaching: Prepare and deliver Sunday messages tailored to each respective group within NCF’s Children’s Ministry (Toddlers/Elementary).
- Shepherding: Actively shepherd the children under their care and seek to cultivate genuine relationships with them and their respective parents by:
- Monitoring Sunday attendance and personally reaching out to families that have inconsistent attendance.
- Consistently praying for the children throughout the week, while asking for prayer requests.
- Acknowledging and responding to major events and milestones of children’s lives such as birthdays, graduations, hospitalization, death in the family, etc.
- Administration: Supervise the overall operation of the Children’s Ministry by:
- Preparing and adapting the curriculum for our respective groups.
- Scheduling and informing volunteers when they will be teaching.
- Monitoring and ensuring we have all the materials needed for lessons and crafts.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited University or College. Seminary education would be a plus but not necessary.
- At least 3-4 years of proven experience with children’s ministry in a congregational setting.
- A maturing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Knowledgeable about the physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual development of children.
- Demonstrating good communication skills (verbal and written); strong relational and organizational skills; and leadership.
- Ability to be receptive, warm and compassionate with children, parents, and staff.
- Theological education is a plus but not necessary for this position.
- Love of children.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Competency with standard computer software including (MS Word, Excel and PPT) and the capacity to learn new software programs.
For consideration, please send the following: resume, a statement outlining your personal philosophy with regards to children’s ministry, three references, and a personal testimony. Application materials need to be received no later than Sunday, December 16th, 2018. If you have any questions about this position or need more information, please direct your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com