The role of the pastor will be to shepherd the congregation to live out the vision of the church in accordance with the Great Commission. The pastor will help members navigate through all aspects of Christian life by providing Biblical wisdom and guide the staff and lay leaders in funneling all church ministries and activities through Christ-centered lenses.
The pastor will continue to remind us that we are doing God’s work and for His glory, and that we are working together with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
The new pastor will provide direction through focused bible study and training for evangelism. The pastor will work with the current Music Ministry Coordinator to provide a more cohesive presentation of the praise content and the sermons.
We have learned from experience that to have a higher level of engagement, a more personal approach is needed where the focus would be on the building of personal relationships.
The pastor will need to foster an environment of personal discipleship and accountability and equip staff, leaders, and members to do the same.
The pastor’s main areas of focus would be:
• Preaching inspiring sermons – attendance and engagement are highest on Sundays so we need to offer impactful interactions starting with the worship service and sermons.
• Leadership and Discipleship Training – this would include mentoring and equipping leaders in Bible education and discipleship, with the ultimate goal of making disciples who make disciples.
• Interaction, cooperation and support of various groups and laity within the church (Session/BoD/committees/home
groups, etc.). This may also include the hiring and mentoring of full-time/part-time staff in the areas of education, worship, music and administrative, as needed.
• Pastoral counseling of members having personal, family and/or work related issues, including the sick, shut-in and
• Strategy and Vision – ability to discern, inspire and facilitate future progress and growth of the church and lead the congregation in taking steps towards that future vision.
Please send an email to MBA_Stu@yahoo.com for additional information or refer to MIF #: 12298.AC0 in the Presbyterian CLC website.
To apply for this job email your details to MBA_Stu@yahoo.com