New Hope Fellowship is the English Ministry of Light Presbyterian Church, and is a tri-campus church located in Mississauga, Downtown, and Uptown, of Toronto, Canada. Our vision is to be a church that moves with a gospel-centered missional spirituality. We are predominantly of Asian (Korean) ethnicity, and have been growing to become more multi-ethnic and multi-generational in recent years. Mississauga Campus currently has a weekly attendance of about 220-240 adults and about 100 children in our education department. We are looking for a worship and discipleship pastor, who will work under the direction of our senior pastor and the campus lead pastor. The ideal candidate loves Jesus and people, works well with teams, and has experience in leading worship at a similar-sized church and shepherding worship teams and other ministries.
Expectation & Responsibilities:
- Calling: The pastor must have a deep sense of God’s call to be a pastor and have a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9).
- Gospel-centered missional spirituality: The pastor is expected to know and love our Lord Jesus Christ above all. The pastor will have deep conviction of the gospel and pursue a life of worship, discipleship and missions.
- Worship Leading: The pastor is expected to lead praise for Sunday and other corporate worship services. The pastor is also to equip and work with lay praise leaders. The pastor is expected to exercise spiritual leadership by setting the spiritual temperature of worship for the congregation and especially (but not limited to) praise teams.
- Discipling & Pastoral Care: The pastor is expected to shepherd and disciple congregation members, especially members who serve in worship pillar which includes praise, media, welcome and intercessory teams. The pastor will be teaching classes and will be doing regular visitations and counseling for members.
- Administration & Communication: The pastor is expected to oversee and delegate logistics related to corporate worship. The pastor will work with worship directors who facilitate Sunday operations. The pastor is to be a liaison between worship team and pastoral team, and also coordinate between different ministries related to Sunday corporate worship—including praise, media, welcome and intercessory teams. The pastor is expected to develop a process to regularly identify and deploy new members in the church’s worship ministry.
- Team player: The pastor will be working with other pastors and deacons and members of worship pillar. The pastor is expected to attend all church staff meetings and retreats and will work closely with the senior pastor and the campus lead pastor. The pastor will fulfill the mission of the church and pastoral duties as guided and requested by the senior pastor and the campus lead pastor.
- Education: Master of Divinity or equivalent degree from an accredited seminary.
- Experience: A minimum of two years experience in shepherding people and leading teams at a local church.
- Language: Must be fluent in English.
- Other: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; understanding of immigrant culture and issues faced by second-generation Asians is a plus.
Please submit your application to HR@newhopefellowship.ca. Please include your C/V, Personal Testimony (500 Words), and Ministry philosophy (500 words) in your application. Deadline to apply is November 30, 2018. For more information about our church, please visit our website www.newhopefellowship.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@newhopefellowship.ca