Position: College Pastor
Size: Weekly Attendance 500
Church: New Life Fellowship 3700 Monte Villa Pkwy, Bothell WA 98021 | www.seattlenewlife.org
About the Church
New Life Fellowship is the growing and thriving English Ministry of Community Church of Seattle (Hyungjae Church). Located in the suburbs of Seattle, New Life Fellowship attracts many who move from out of state to the expanding city. Due to the tech industries such as Amazon and Microsoft, Seattle has become a hub for people all around our nation. Our mission is to expand God’s kingdom by making disciples of Christ that make disciples. We embody this through three values: worship, mission and community groups. Our vision is to plant campuses in the heart of Seattle and to surrounding cities that need the love of Christ.
We’re looking for someone who has a huge heart for College Students, that is willing to be creative towards reaching students that normally wouldn’t attend church. The College Pastor’s primary responsibility is to be the spiritual leader and principal teacher for our college ministry, named “Conxion” (pronounced Connection). The role of a college pastor has two parts. First, he or she will seek to implement New Life’s culture and vision in being missional towards reaching students that normally would not attend church. Second, the pastor is responsible for the discipleship of students so they will grow to become active and vibrant members of a local church.
- Gospel-Centered: The Gospel is the a-z of faith. Not the abcs.
- Simplicity: We believe in doing a few things well rather than doing many things poorly.
- Devotion over Duty: We desire pastors who do ministry out of a love for Jesus versus because it’s simply a job.
- Missional: We are not a country club. Our passion is to reach the lost. We believe that we feed the insiders by focusing on the outsider.
- Prayer: A church that does not pray is a dying church.
- Passion: We desire pastors who have a passion for ministry and a desire to grow in their ministerial skills.
- Interdependence: We are unapologetically connected and supportive of our Korean parent church.
- Create a pathway and Vision Statement that allows students to become disciples of Christ.
- Teach, lead and oversee weekly college service gatherings (+65 students).
- Shepherd and develop core leads and ministry leaders for worship, prayer, community groups, welcoming, and outreach at our University location.
- Engage in building genuine relationships with students by coordinating activities/events, Bible studies, prayer gatherings and campus visits.
- Plan annual budget for college ministry along with Executive Pastor.
- Will need to oversee one other area of ministry. This will be dependent on the applicant’s passion, skill and need at the church.
- Team player that contributes and works with other NLF staff, volunteers, and is willing to put aside personal agendas for the sake of the larger vision of the church.
- Worship at one service and attend all staff meetings (excluding vacations).
- To be above reproach (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Tim. 3:2).
- To maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- To contribute to the cause and mission of NLF via offering/tithe.
- To be in agreement with New Life’s constitution, by-laws, and theological positions held by NLF.
- Over 2 years of full-time experience as a college pastor
- M. Div or equivalent degree
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume with 3 references
- 5 minute sermon clip
- Strengthsfinder, Enneagram and other applicable leadership assessment results
*Salary based on experience; benefits include health,, technology, and discounted childcare.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com