We are seeking a full-time or part-time English ministry (EM) pastor to lead and shepherd our EM congregation. The primary focus of the EM pastor will be to minister to college students, young adults, and married couples. As a part of the Korean Presbyterian Church of Seattle, the EM pastor will also work alongside with the Senior Pastor and all staff (KM, Youth, Children, Pre-K) to create a multi-generational church. We are looking for a passionate leader with an eagerness to learn and grow together with the church.
KPCS is a body built on our faith in Jesus Christ. We are a body committed to to bring His kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. A body that encounters the works of the holy spirit, empowers spiritual families, matures faith, and actively participates in missions. We will strive to glorify God by expanding his Kingdom to the ends of the earth. We believe that the church must actively commit to the work of salvation, commit to serving, and commit to sending out disciples and missionaries to share the gospel.
General Summary of Duties:
- Preparing weekly sermon(s)
- Actively praying for and pastoring members
- Building a leadership team
- Working with leadership team to plan retreats, outreach, missions, etc.
- Leading weekly small group meetings
- Bridging ministries together (EM, Youth, Children, Pre-K, KM)
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Participate in all church activities
- Work together with church staff & elders
- Lead a mission team (once a year)
- Gospel-centered teaching and preaching.
- Several years of ministry experience with a long term vision for English ministry in an multigenerational church.
- Willingness to commit with a long term vision.
- Fluency in English.
- An ordained minister from an evangelical denomination.
- A Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary.
- A candidate who has a family and can develop family-oriented ministries.
- Bilingual (English/Korean)
- Previous experience in an Korean-American church setting.
New Song Church of KPCS is the English-speaking congregation of the Korean Presbyterian Church of Seattle averaging about 25-30 people worshiping on Sundays. Its demographic is made up of singles and college students with most members who are of second generation Korean-American descent.
KPCS, comprised of Korean-speaking and Christian education ministries, account for approximately 350+ people. The leadership of the church is made up of the session of elders, the pastoral staff, and both ordained and appointed deacons.
Please submit the following to Pastoral Search Committee via email:
- personal testimony/ pastoral calling
- philosophy of pastoral ministry
- one sermon message (audio or video) – if available
- availability for interview (in-person or video)
Should you have any questions about this position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com